4 июн. 2021 г.

Chicago

The Handmaid's Tale 4×5


Commander Lawrence: The world fears our military. We can destroy our enemies, and they know it. But the sanctions they've imposed have put our economy in a chokehold. Guns alone will not win a war. We need money as well... I propose that we declare a temporary ceasefire along our contested borders in Chicago, California and Texas.

Commander Lawrence: I... I want to take the moral high ground in order to hasten the end of trade restrictions. A temporary show of mercy in exchange for permanent revenue.

Commander Lawrence: I was... I was deceived by a faithless woman. But now we are facing elemental economic truths. And, gentlemen, unlike women, numbers don't lie. If we can end these sanctions, we can prosper. If we can prosper, we can crush this insurgency.

Commander Lawrence: It's a big country, Commander. The Eyes can't see everything. Not even the Eyes of Gilead.

June: What kind of resistance are you?
Steven: The kind that survives.

Commander Lawrence: Let's fix this country. Let's make things right again. Together.

Janine: Well, there's... There's something here. I can get pregnant again here. I could keep my baby. I'd be like a real mom.
June: Janine, you can't have a baby here.
Janine: Why not? I mean, come on. We can be moms together. It'd be like a normal life. I mean, the world needs more baby Americans, right?
June: You sound like Aunt Lydia.
Janine: No, June, you do. You're so bossy and judgmental. I mean, I know what's right for me.
June: He's taking advantage of you. I don't understand why you can't see that.
Janine: I... I see fine. It was my choice to start having sex. You need to stop trying to save me to make yourself feel better.
June: I'm the one who doesn't wanna see you get hurt. Okay?
Janine: Maybe you should've thought about that with Alma and Brianna...

June: I'm leaving tomorrow. Come with me or stay here and be Ofsteven. It's your choice.

Lori: Fuck June Osborn. A lot of brave women died trying to protect her. Everyone that helps her ends up on the fucking wall.

June: Well, that baby's gonna be really lucky to have you.
Janine: And those rebels are so lucky to have you.

Aunt Lydia: You are the sacred vessels of the Lord. His chosen ones. Your charge will be hard. You will be tested by wicked men, and they will try to lead you astray. And when they do, I will be here to listen. Your bond with each other will be strong. From this day forward, none of you will ever walk alone again!

Janine: Handmaids always walk in twos, remember?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий