16 июн. 2021 г.

Home

The Handmaid's Tale 4×7


June: My name is June Osborn. I am a citizen of the United States, and I seek asylum in the country of Canada.

Luke: Did I doze off?
June: Mmm. It's the next day. You slept for 17 hours straight.

Mark Tuello: What motivated you to risk your life, everything, to do such a thing?
June: It was the only thing I could do.
Mark Tuello: What do you mean?
June: I made a promise that they would hurt. The way we hurt.
Mark Tuello: Who?
June: The kidnappers. The Serenas. I thought about what she would deserve. What they deserved. They take everything from you. You know? They really do.

Waterford: I want to be a good father to my son. And a good husband to you, if you'll let me.
Serena: It's too late for that, Fred.
Waterford: Our pregnancy is proof that it's not.
Serena: My pregnancy.
Waterford: This pregnancy belongs to me just as much as Offred's belonged to you.

June: What happened to potato chips in the last seven years?
Luke: Oh, they made them healthy. I know, it's a travesty.

June: No, I did. That was my fault.
Moira: No, see that? Don't bring that Aunt Lydia shit in here. This is a Lydia-free zone, okay? She can't get us here. None of 'em can.

June: Do you guys ever wonder if you deserve this? If you deserve to be here?

Serena: I believe that the Lord brought you here so that I could make amends.
June: I brought myself here, so that I could tell you how much I hate you. You don't deserve to make amends to anyone. The only thing that you deserve is a life full of suffering and shame!

June: You have destroyed... my life, my family, my friends, my country, and my child. There is no one less worthy of redemption than you.

June: She's pathological. She's a sociopath. She's toxic. And abusive. She's a monster. And, by the way, a consummate actress.
Mark Tuello: What do you think drives her?
June: Hatred. And rage. And underneath all of that, there's nothing but pure misery. And she'll do anything not to feel that way. Anything to feel okay. Even just for a second. She'll do anything to get what she wants. Lie to you. Hurt you. Rape you. So, if you feel yourself getting sucked in by her... run. Run for your life.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий