22 июн. 2021 г.

Army of the Dead (2021)


Female Pundit: Come on, Sean. You know they're not infected. If they were, they would be zombies already. They're political prisoners, just people the government doesn't want on the streets. You know as well as I do, if you have questionable immigration status, advocate for gay rights or abortion, the next thing you know, they have a temperature gun at your head or dragging you out of your house or your car under the guise of public safety.

Scott Ward: So you think it's a bad idea?
Maria Cruz: Come on, Scotty. It's not a matter of "think." It's a matter of "is," and it is a bad goddamn idea.
Scott Ward: You're out?
Maria Cruz: I didn't say that.
Scott Ward: You're in?
Maria Cruz: I didn't say that either.

Bly Tanaka: If you coordinate and communicate, this should be a simple in-and-out.

Dieter: My apologies. How precisely do we do the zombie killing?

Bly Tanaka: .... All this… a full day before the nuke ever leaves the launchpad. Easy peasy Japanese-y.
Dieter: Sorry, sir. We're not allowed to say that anymore. It's "lemon squeezy" now.
Bly Tanaka: Yeah, but I'm...
Marianne Peters: I think it's fine if he's Japanese-y.
Bly Tanaka: As you wish. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

PA: Recent arrivals require a full health inspection. Barstow Quarantine Center is a zero-tolerance facility. Without a green health clearance sticker on your key card, you will not be permitted in common areas.

Marianne Peters: I'm not trying to be the bad guy, but we should be incentivized to let him die.

Martin: What? What's everybody looking at me for?
Marianne Peters: It's a free country. People can look at whoever they want.
Lilly: Actually, it's not a free country. We're not in America anymore. Haven't you heard?
Scott Ward: Which technically makes it an even freer country, right?

Lilly: If you screw me… two between the eyes.
Martin: Two? Why two?
Lilly: The second one's just for fun.

Dieter: I got the bride! I got the bride. I shot her three times.
Vanderohe: Actually, it was four.
Dieter: Four. Whoo-hoo! Not zombie-killing material, my ass, Mr. Vanderohe. Whoo-hoo! Ha!

Vanderohe: Is it another team, or is it us, Dieter?
Dieter: Huh?
Vanderohe: Think about it. Us. I mean, look at them. It's us. It could be us in another timeline, and we're caught in some infinite loop of fighting and dying, fighting and dying, fighting and dying. And Tanaka… the puppet master. Devil. God. And we, you, me, Guz, and the rest of the team, simply pawns in some perverse play where we're destined to repeat our failures. And finally, in some mind-bending, ironic reveal… it all begins again.
Dieter: Cool.
Dieter: If I can open it, it will be either destruction or renewal. Death… or rebirth.
Vanderohe: That's heavy, brother. But I dig it.

Scott Ward: Hey, what do you think about tofu?
Kate Ward: What?
Scott Ward: Tofu. My next food truck. I was thinking, can make anything out of tofu. Tofu burgers, tofu fries, tofu milkshake, tofu cheesecake. I don't know what that is. Tofu cheesecake. I don't know. I thought maybe, since everyone's going vegan now, you know. Humans are figuring out they're not at the top of the food chain. What do you think?

Marianne Peters: I know, I know. Somewhere between leaving your ass and saving my own, I developed a conscience. It's exhausting.

Scott Ward: I've been thinking. I've been thinking a lot, Kate. It's got to be lobster rolls.

Vanderohe: To quote the great Joseph Campbell, he said, "It is by going down into the abyss where we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure." To the ironic twist of the unknown. Bottoms up.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий