13 апр. 2021 г.

The Rapture of Burning

American Gods 3×8


Toni: When the cops terrorize people like us, then they become the bad guys.

Technical Boy: You must be far gone indeed to put your faith in the Old Gods to solve your problem...
Ms. World: Relax, it's been repurposed to provide a restorative process by modulating the electro-chemical neural impulses.
Technical Boy: No fucking way. There is one being in the multiverse who will never fall for techno-babble horseshit like that. Moi.

Liam Doyle: Do you swear that's true?
Laura: I swear on my grave... Graves.

Salim: So, you don't trust the guy who refused to kill you, but you fell in love with the guy who did?
Laura: Oh, my God, Salim. I did not "fall in love" with Sweeney. We just went through some shit together, okay?

Salim: ... [It] seems like a risk worth taking.
Laura: Yeah. Maybe if you're some fucking rube who just fell off the turnip truck.
Salim: I have no idea what that means, but what I do know is if you let go of Sweeney's coin or his ashes, you will be acknowledging the harsh reality that he is dead. And you will have to grieve. And it will hurt. But it's the only way for you to move on.

Bilquis: Try to keep up with me here, dim bulb. You are awake. You can't unthink a thought. Repress what you are feeling. You will snap in two. Let them come, whatever they are: Mad, sad, glad, scared. Just don't deny them. Don't act on them. Let them come, and then let them go.

Toni: Feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but is it possible you feel ashamed?.. Because sometimes unsafe and ashamed can feel similar, but shame is a whole lot of made-up bullshit.

Tyr: You floss every day? I always wonder why people do or don't...

Salim: We all make our own choices. It'll be all right. Inshallah. If God wills it.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий