22 апр. 2021 г.

Chapter 16. A Thetan Arrives

The Kominsky Method 2×8


Norman Newlander: I would never dare to say this to a woman, but I'll say it to you. I think the medication you're on is causing you to behave in a premenstrual fashion.
Sandy Kominsky: You gonna retire? I thought you said that was a death sentence.
Norman Newlander: It is. Without a purpose in life, men like us are two or three Clive Cussler books away from the grave.
Sandy Kominsky: I happen to like his books...
Norman Newlander: That's fine. Just... read slow.

Sandy Kominsky: Do you have any idea what you're doing with your hands?
Lane: What about 'em?
Sandy Kominsky: You're, uh, flitting. The character you're playing is a boxer, a... a longshoreman. These aren't the kind of guys who openly, uh, flit.
Lane: I'm sorry. I... I don't follow.
Sandy Kominsky: Really? Okay. Can you follow this? Rock Hudson, Raymond Burr, Tony Perkins, Van Johnson, Cary Grant. I mean, the list goes on and on. I mean, even Marlon Brando, he dipped his toe in. But they never put their predilection on screen.
Lane: Are you saying being gay is a predilection?
Sandy Kominsky: Why? Is that word against the law now? Am I going to PC hell because I said "predilection"? Or should I have said, uh... "hankering"? Hankering for dudes?

Robby: I know this because I experienced it myself. And that is the only test for truth.

Norman Newlander: Now, as an immortal spirit, would I have any dietary restrictions?
Robby: What do you mean?
Norman Newlander: Well, can a thetan eat pastrami? 'Cause I miss it so much.

Robby: All right. So, we're gonna do this for five minutes and we're gonna see how it goes.
Norman Newlander: Eyes closed like in meditation?
Robby: Eyes open like in life. All right, ready?.. Start.
Norman Newlander: ... I'm uncomfortable.
Robby: That's okay. Just continue.
Norman Newlander: ..... I hate this.
Robby: Not unusual. Just continue.

Norman Newlander: If you exteriorize from the situation, you'd see we're both very, very lucky.
Sandy Kominsky: Exteriorize?
Norman Newlander: Yeah. Pop out of your head and see the situation from the vantage point of a... an immortal spirit.
Sandy Kominsky: A thetan.
Norman Newlander: Now you're getting it.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий