28 апр. 2021 г.

The Mauritanian (2021)

Teri Duncan: You don't think it's his mother?
Nancy Hollander: I don't know. But no one just gets a phone call from Bin Laden's sat phone.

Nancy Hollander: We can't fight what we don't know. ... There's no evidence.
Mohamedou: I trust you, you trust me. I am innocent. I am innocent, okay? What do you need to see to believe this?
Nancy Hollander: It doesn't matter what we believe. What matters is what we can prove.

Mohamedou: Who do you want to sue? You say, "Government." What does it mean?
Nancy Hollander: There'll be three names on the lawsuit. The United States of America, Donald Rumsfeld and George W. Bush.
Mohamedou: Sure. Sure. Why not?

Stuart Couch: Let me ask you, I understand everyone has a right to a defense... but doesn't it bother you at all, working for someone like this?
Nancy Hollander: I'm not just defending him, I'm defending the rule of law.
Stuart Couch: How very Ignatian of you.
Nancy Hollander: I didn't know they studied the Jesuits in the Marine law school.
Stuart Couch: Mmm. We like to fully consider a problem before we blow it up.

Nancy Hollander: My turn. Let me ask you. What if you're wrong?
Stuart Couch: We're not.
Nancy Hollander: What if you are? You built this place... and you abandoned all of your principles, all of your laws, and you're wrong?

General Lehnert: You went through New Brunswick? The SERE school they run up there.
Stuart Couch: I did.
General Lehnert: I take it you didn't enjoy it.
Stuart Couch: What's not to enjoy? Three nights in the hole with a bucket to piss in, and they pump in chainsaws and crying babies through the speakers 24 hours a day. End of training, things get pretty loopy.
General Lehnert: You confess to shooting Kennedy?
Stuart Couch: No, sir, I did not.
General Lehnert: A couple of sleepless nights, that's all... We pull from the same playbook. You and every other green Marine made it out all right. They will too.

Nancy Hollander: You gotta tell me what happened, Mohamedou.
Mohamedou: You're asking me to set fire to this place, but I'm still sitting in it.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий