2 апр. 2021 г.

I Care a Lot (2020)

Marla Grayson: Look at you. Sitting there. You think you're good people. You're not good people. Trust me. There's no such thing as good people.

Marla Grayson: I used to be like you. Thinking that working hard and playing fair would lead to success and happiness. It doesn't. Playing fair is a joke invented by rich people to keep the rest of us poor. And I've been poor.

Marla Grayson: There's two types of people in this world. The people who take and those getting took. Predators and prey. Lions and lambs.

Marla Grayson: ...caring, sir, is my job. It's my profession. This is what I do. All-day, every day, I care. I care for those who are in need of protection. Protection from apathy, protection from their own pride, and quite often, protection from their own children.

Marla Grayson: Does it sting more because I'm a woman? That you got so soundly beaten in there by someone with a vagina? Having a penis doesn't automatically make you more scary to me. Just the opposite. You may be a man, but if you ever threaten, touch, or spit on me again, I will grab your dick and balls, and I will rip them clean off.

Marla Grayson: Your Honor, if you need me to take care of her, I can take care of her.

Marla Grayson: When we cease to be able to take adequate care of ourselves, the state steps in to help. We can't just sit by while people struggle.
Jennifer Peterson: Me? I'm not struggling. I'm fine. I'm more than fine. I don't need help.
Marla Grayson: I'm afraid it's not up to you or me to decide. The court has ruled that you do need help, and as your legal guardian, it's my duty to ensure that adequate care is supplied to you at all times.

Sam Rice: Marla, how's it going? You have to drag her out by her ankles?
Marla Grayson: No, she packed and walked. Hardly any of them fight. They see the official paper. They see the cops. They go right along.
Sam Rice: Yeah, I'd fucking fight...
Marla Grayson: Yeah, you say that, but at heart, most of us are weak, compliant, scared.
Sam Rice: True. Hey, you ever hear about the Milgram experiment--

Marla Grayson: Don't get fooled by old people. Even sadistic, immoral assholes get old.

Dean Ericson: You know it, I know it, if the doctor wrote a note, he knows it too.
Marla Grayson: She.
Dean Ericson: What?
Marla Grayson: She. The doctor. She's a she.

Jennifer Peterson: I'm the worst mistake you'll ever make.

Marla Grayson: You wanna hear an interesting fact? When an incapacitated John Doe is found, the state automatically appoints them a legal guardian to oversee their treatment and welfare. You know where this is going, right?... I'm now your legal guardian. I got you, John Doe. I can do whatever I want with you.

Marla Grayson: Every fortune ever accumulated started with a leap of faith. But before you take that leap, first take a long, hard look at yourself. Know who you are. Ask yourself. Am I an insider or am I an outsider? Am I a lamb? Or am I a lion? Am I a predator? Or am I prey? Am I good at money? Or am I good at people? What am I willing to sacrifice to achieve my dreams?... What lines will I not cross?

Peter: Marla, what's your secret?
Marla Grayson: There is no secret, Peter. All it takes is hard work and the courage and determination to never give up.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий