11 апр. 2021 г.

One More

The Walking Dead 10×19


Gabriel: That was quite the scream...

Aaron: That's it?
Gabriel: Yes. That's all we get.
Aaron: Why? It's just whiskey.
Gabriel: No. It's not "just whiskey." It's perfection. It's rare. This bottle? Easily cost over $2,000.
Aaron: The fact that people would pay that much to get drunk is a huge part of what was wrong with the world.

Gabriel: The point isn't to get drunk, it's... Just take the cup to your nose and sniff. Now take a moment and tell me what smells you're getting. What does it remind you of?
Aaron: Maple syrup... Vanilla... Breakfast as a kid.
Gabriel: Now take a sip. And let it sit. Now pay attention to the finish. How the flavor evolves.
Aaron: Wow.
Gabriel: Yeah, exactly. Now, we eat. And the meat will taste even better.

Gabriel: And then later he tells me that real ministering isn't preaching from a pulpit. It's talking to people one on one, on their own terms. Relating to them, you know? That's how I know about whiskey. That's how I know about a lot of things.
Aaron: You need to start preaching again.

Gabriel: I don't want to preach anymore. ... The world isn't built for the way we used to be. ... Evil people aren't the exception to the rule. They are the rule.

Mays: You think it's loaded?
Gabriel: Aren't a lot of bullets left in the world.

Mays: The collar. Why you still wearing it?
Gabriel: Probably for the same reason you keep all those bibles. I wear it because the word of God still matters. It's a light in an otherwise very dark world. And a reminder of the goodness still within us. Things like love. Mercy. Forgiveness...
Mays: Toilet paper.
Gabriel: What?
Mays: The bibles. They're my toilet paper. I like the thin pages. And I can find them everywhere.
Gabriel: Maybe instead of wiping your ass with it, you should read it.
Mays: Yeah, I've read it. Cover to cover. That's why I wipe my ass with it.

Mays: There's nothing left in this world but thieves and murderers.
Gabriel: No. There's still goodness. You just have to look for it.
Mays: Who are you trying to convince, Padre? Me or you?

Mays: One round... one in six chance...

Gabriel: No. He's gonna hear this. I know something about looking for the meaning in things. But most times, there isn't any. No answers, no "grand design."

Gabriel: It's okay. We're good.
Aaron: Are we?

Gabriel: Water tower. Last place on the map. What do you think?
Aaron: ... One more.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий