21 апр. 2021 г.

Tears of the Wrath-Bearing Tree

American Gods 3×10


Mr. Ibis: In 1918, the Coast Geodetic Survey, using a cardboard cut-out balanced on a pin, determined the geographic center of America to be 2.6 miles north of Lebanon, Kansas, on Johnny Grib's hog farm. Johnny Grib didn't share his neighbors' eagerness to cash in on his sudden fame, so they erected a monument a half mile away. They also built a motel for the tourists who were sure to visit the center of America. Only, the tourists didn't come. Nobody did. Because we are standing at ground zero of the least sacred place in America. If the House on the Rock is a place of spiritual power, this, uh, is a soulless void. A wasteland Gods fear and men avoid.

Shadow: When were you planning on telling me?
Mr. Ibis: One shock at a time.

Czernobog: Hey. Can you believe this idiot thinks that he will sit the vaka for Votan?
Mr. Ibis: Oh. Vigil for a Norse God requires being bound upon Yggdrasil, the World Tree, as Odin once did.
Shadow: Okay.
Mr. Ibis: For 9 days and 9 nights. An endurance test for a God, a death sentence for a mortal.

Czernobog: Where is the cow?

Laura: Three lifetimes; I'm still trusting the wrong fucking people.

Czernobog: You talk of peace? Respect? While you hide behind a mortal female, huh? You mudák!...

Mr. World: Think about it. By the time that you would gather your armies, SHARD will be in completion, and the Old Gods will be de-indexed, erased, and forgotten.

Czernobog: Since we can't do it here, there's a field just in the back, across the street. It's a good place to die. Now, hit straight on the forehead for a quick and clean. If you hit the neck, it will be slow and painful. I recommend the neck. I'll wait in the car.

Shadow: He gave me a purpose. To be a better leader than he ever could've been.
Laura: A leader?
Shadow: Mm-hmm.
Laura: Of what?
Shadow: Change. Before humanity goes down the tubes.
Laura: Okay. So... Are you saying that you're a God now?
Shadow: I'm sayin' I have a destiny. And I need to follow it wherever it takes me.
Laura: Cool. Cool, so you've lost your fuckin' mind.

Laura: Congratulations! You're officially on the way to becoming your old man!

Cordelia: ...we find a way out. We can do like, a... a number 38 or 41 or 50. I don't know. Just... Just don't get on the tree, fuck's sake. You have nothing to prove.
Shadow: I'll see you in nine days.

Technical Boy: All this... for a fucking rock?

Mr. World: People say this is the age of technology. They're wrong. This is the age of manipulation. Trickery is what I do best.

Shadow: If I'm your son, I am a God.
Wednesday: Ah. Jury's still out on that, son, but you're definitely a chip off the old block.
Shadow: No, no, no.
Wednesday: We both crave power. The only difference is, I'm not ashamed of it.

Czernobog: Is this the death of the Old Gods?
Mr. Ibis: Or something much worse...

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий