17 апр. 2021 г.

Palm Springs (2020)

Jerry: Shukran. Good day so far?
Nyles: Today, tomorrow, yesterday, it's all the same. You?
Jerry: Today is young. Ask me again at the end. Anything can happen.

Sarah: But what is this? When is this?
Nyles: Yeah. About that... So, this is today. Today is yesterday. And tomorrow is also today. It's one of those... infinite time loop situations you might have heard about.
Sarah: That I might have heard about...
Nyles: Yeah.
Sarah: How do I stop it? I don't want tomorrow to be today. I want tomorrow to be tomorrow.
Nyles: Right. That's natural. Uh, unfortunately, that's never going to happen. Tomorrow will always and forever now be today. So--

Nyles: I don't know what it is. It could be life, it could be death. It might be a dream, I might be imagining you, you might be imagining me, it could be purgatory or a glitch in the simulation that we're both in. I don't know. So... I decided a while ago to sort of give up and stop trying to make sense of things altogether, because the only way to really live in this is to embrace the fact that nothing matters.
Sarah: Well, then what's the point of living?
Nyles: Well, we kind of have no choice but to live, so I think your best bet is just to learn how to suffer existence.

Sarah: What are you doing?
Nyles: Bracing for a quick death. I mean, we can't die, but pain is very real. There's nothing worse than slowly dying in the ICU. Or we could just skip this whole phase, go get a beer, you know. Or not. Whatever. See you tomorrow.

Nyles: ... So I vowed to never bring anyone into this life ever again. Darla: Amen to that. I tied my tubes at 40. Sarah: Let's waste some time. Nyles: The pain is real. Why can't you understand that? Sarah: It doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Right? Those are your words. Nyles: No. Pain matters! What we do to other people matters! Being a source of terror is not fun, okay. It's not fulfilling. I know this from experience. It doesn't matter that everything resets and people don't remember. We remember. We have to deal with the things that we do. Sarah: You get one more sentence.
Nyles: Okay. Okay... Even though I pretend not to be, I've realized that I'm completely co-dependent, but I'm cool with it because I think that life should be shared now, and I need you to survive.
Sarah: Okay. That's your one sentence.

Nyles: I'd rather die with you than live in this world without you.

Sarah: What if we get sick of each other?
Nyles: We're already sick of each other. It's the best.

Sarah: I can survive just fine without you, you know. But there-- there's a chance that this life can be a little less mundane with you in it.
Nyles: Yeah. Less mundane. That's a super low bar. That's a great place to start.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий