1 апр. 2021 г.

Chapter 9. An Actor Forgets

The Kominsky Method 2×1


Norman Newlander: What do you know about opium?
Sandy Kominsky: Tried it a few times in the '60s, it's not my thing. Why?
Norman Newlander: I'm thinking of becoming an addict.
Sandy Kominsky: Oh, really?
Norman Newlander: Yeah. Like Dickens or Keats.
Sandy Kominsky: Oh, you mean a writer?
Norman Newlander: No, no, just an addict. No needles, that's more jazz musician.
Sandy Kominsky: Good to have goals.

Norman Newlander: I'm looking for a way to manifest my existential despair.
Sandy Kominsky: No offense, uh, but you're already pretty gloomy.
Norman Newlander: I think I can do better.

Sandy Kominsky: Must've been hard giving her stuff away.
Norman Newlander: It's harder to keep it.

Norman Newlander: When I wake up in the morning, I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.

Norman Newlander: You know, this is, like, the fourth funeral I've been to this month.
Sandy Kominsky: At our age, it's called having a social life.

Norman Newlander: Every time one of my friends passes away, I feel like I won a contest, like, "Ha ha, I lived longer, I beat you."
Sandy Kominsky: That's horrible.
Norman Newlander: Oh, yeah, like you don't feel the same way.
Sandy Kominsky: I do, but I don't say it in front of the guy.

Mindy Kominsky: And there's one more thing--
Sandy Kominsky: No. No! Not an actor. You do not get involved with an actor.
Mindy Kominsky: He's not an actor.
Sandy Kominsky: Thank God! I would rather see you get involved with a Republican.

Madelyn: How have you been these last 50 years?
Norman Newlander: Oh, well... Uh... I fell in love, I got married, had a beautiful baby girl, lost my wife to cancer, put my daughter into drug rehab and, uh, now I'm thinking about killing myself.

Sandy Kominsky: When in doubt... ride the horse in the direction that it's going.

Norman Newlander: Well, it's still a wise thing.
Sandy Kominsky: I think so. It suggests that one should... go with the flow.
Norman Newlander: And... And where's the flow goin'?
Sandy Kominsky: At the moment, all roads lead to Santa Barbara. With a beautiful woman who seems to love to have you in her life again.
Norman Newlander: Yeah, she does, doesn't she?
Sandy Kominsky: There's an ass for every saddle.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий