22 окт. 2019 г.

Trial and Terror

Mr. Mercedes 3x4


John Rothstein: The worst crime that my generation ever committed is that we murdered Satan. Now nobody's evil. They're damaged, they're misunderstood, they're unloved, but they're not evil. God forbid you say that. But here's a problem... If there is no Satan, then there is no God. And where there's no God, there's Mr. Mercedes plowing into a bunch of innocent people looking for jobs.

Alma Lane: I know Bill. He's a bloodhound, only less handsome.

Jerome Robinson: I'll go. I'll take the information.
Bill Hodges: Take information. Don't give any. Do you understand?
Jerome Robinson: Sí, kemosabe.
Bill Hodges: What does that mean?
Jerome Robinson: It means you're no longer a lone ranger. You have two sidekicks right here.

Bill Hodges: But you need to let Brady go.
Lou Linklatter: Easier said than done.

Bill Hodges: At the end of the day, we're all fucking head cases. But our only hope is to hang on to our wits, even if only by a thread. You need to be hanging on to yours.

Lou Linklatter: With public sentiment on one's side, nothing can fail.
Bill Hodges: Brady say that, did he?
Lou Linklatter: ... It's Abraham Lincoln.

Lou Linklatter: The public is gonna set me free.
Bill Hodges: ... The facts don't support her. The law doesn't. She's off in the fuckin' head. I don't see how this hand gets played. I really don't.
Holly Gibney: Well, um, Finkelstein is good. I mean, we just have to hope he's great, I guess?


Bill Hodges: Mm. What's your perfume? Vanilla? You smell like cookie dough.
Holly Gibney: You don't get to say things like that to me.
Bill Hodges: Why not?
Holly Gibney: Because you're my boss, okay? You're not supposed to take note of how I look or smell. It's practically illegal for you to even notice I'm a woman. Don't you read?
Bill Hodges: And where would I read that fuckshit, on your Facebook? I'm not allowed to notice ya as a woman? Would lunatic be okay, gender neutral? Jesus fuckin' balls.

Bill Hodges: That's bullshit. We made a deal... you scratch my balls, I scratch yours.
Antonio Montez: We didn't make that deal. Thanks for the visual.

Holly Gibney: May I ask a question?
Roland Finkelstein: Of course.
Holly Gibney: Are we on a date?
Roland Finkelstein: Would you like it to be?
Holly Gibney: Well... what I'd like is for you to answer my question with something other than another question.

Bill Hodges: Something about Satan. Rothstein was banging on about needing him back.
Ida Silver: Satan?
Bill Hodges: Yeah, the world needs him back because he's better than the alternative.
Ida Silver: Oh-ho! God?
Bill Hodges: People.

Ida Silver: Kids today, they think everything is stupid. Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"... stupid. "Young Goodman Brown," by Nathanial Hawthorne... so stupid.

Lou Linklatter: Diamond in the rough, right?
Roland Finkelstein: I'm sorry?
Lou Linklatter: Holly. Diamond in the rough. Like that... Neil Diamond song.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий