30 окт. 2019 г.

The Egg Is Pipping

Atypical 2×5


Sam: One of the first rules of nature is like finds like. You would never see an emperor penguin and a south polar skua hang out together. Sure, they're both birds... but a penguin lays an egg and tries to protect it, while the sneaky skua just wants to make it his dinner.

Sam: Polar animals know that if they want to survive, they need creatures like them. But if I woke up one day, and I was a skua, I'd probably fly headfirst into an iceberg.
Ms. Whitaker: Sam, I'll confess, I got a little lost there, myself. How does that relate to today's topic, "resources"?
Sam: Even if you find a group of like-minded penguins, it doesn't guarantee survival. You still need resources like fish, or krill, or a nice mating rock.
Ms. Whitaker: Oh, well, that actually does relate.

Doug: Want me to come with you?
Sam: No. It's quiet in here and it doesn't smell like anything so I should be fine.

Sam: Don't you just love pie charts? This one shows you the smartest way to spend your money. There's a wedge carved out for food, rent, utilities, entertainment... even 10% for charity.
Zahid: Propaganda.


Zahid: You got me a lollipop, so I'm trying to be nice, but, dude, I can't believe you were dumb enough to entrust your hard-earned cabbage to a corrupt government-backed bank. FDIC? More like, "FDI-see you later, money."
Sam: It didn't seem corrupt. They have panda checks.
Zahid: Look, I know what goes on in those places. I've seen Mary Poppins. You got to get your green off the grid and invest in cryptocurrency, ASAP.
Sam: I didn't see that mentioned in the packet.
Zahid: Of course you didn't. When the great financial collapse comes, cryptocurrency will rule the world.

Megan: Just remember... you're not going to be this angry forever. And she's always going to be Sam and Casey's mom.

Sam: It's a rough world out there. Even if a penguin egg survives the south polar skuas... and the leopard seals... and the sea lions, and the killer whales... it still only has a small chance of making it through its first year alive. Three out of four don't make it. Three out of four! Can you imagine what it would be like if they didn't have their group to protect them? I don't want to think about it.

Sam: What a great day. I mean, except for when I lost $700... Best day!

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий