14 окт. 2019 г.

Quirky Eggheads and Texas Snow Globes

Young Sheldon 3×1


Mary: Who's Nikola Tesla?
Sheldon: One of the most prolific scientists of the 20th century.
Mary: Okay. And, um... just out of curiosity, how isolated was he?
Sheldon: Oh, highly. He found human contact revolting.
Mary: Well, that's kind of a lonely way to live, don't you think?
Sheldon: Well, he wasn't entirely alone. At the end of his life, he became good friends with a brown pigeon...

Mary: The whole year you were together... did you see any, um... warning signs?
Connie: No. Not really. I just thought he was another... you know, cute, quirky egghead like Sheldon.

Connie: You're good at lying. You should do it more often.

George: ...That's called a safety.
Missy: I thought one of the players was a safety.
George: Well, that's true, too.
Missy: I'm confused.
George: Now you know how I feel when you talk about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Missy: What's confusing? Everything you need to know is in the title.

Cashier: Okay, 52 Texas snow globes comes to... $55.25.

Mary: I'm reading this book about mental problems, and I'm worried it sounds like Sheldon.
George: Well, stop reading the book.


Mary: Here's a question for you. Do you ever see or hear things that other people can't?
Sheldon: Oh, all the time. Right now, the car antenna is vibrating at the same frequency as the pistons in the motor. It's quite irritating, but you know me... I don't complain.
Mary: I meant more like things that aren't actually there.
Sheldon: Ah, isn't that the fundamental question of modern metaphysics? What is actually there? This is fun.

Mary: Um, do you ever feel paranoid, like people are out to get you?
Sheldon: I'm a ten-year-old in high school... people are out to get me.
Mary: That's fair.

Mary: I'm just worried about your future, and when I see you moving... subatomic particles around in the air, that makes...
Sheldon: Subatomic particles are real! You talk to an invisible man in the sky who grants wishes. If anyone's mental, it's you!

Sheldon: My mother believes I'm mentally unstable. And since there's a genetic component and I'm her child, I suppose it's possible.
Mary: I know you're angry right now, but you will not be disrespectful!
Sheldon: You know, fits of rage are a classic sign of psychosis.
Mary: Oh, you haven't seen fits of rage yet!!

Sheldon: I could be home right now wearing a blindfold, mittens and nose plug doing something important.
Mary: You know what? Maybe you should mention the blindfold and mittens to the doctor.
Sheldon: Or maybe I'll mention how you think that God speaks to you, because I find that concerning.
Mary: He does speak to me, and right now he's saying I should wash your mouth out with soap!
Sheldon: Violent fantasies. Interesting...

Missy: ...And the turtle eating the pizza is Leonardo.
George: How can you tell?
Missy: He's wearing blue. And he's the hot one.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий