19 окт. 2019 г.

Lost Love

Mr. Mercedes 3x3


John Rothstein: Dante was wrong. Most men hit the forest when they're young and then spend the rest of their lives lost. What you learn is, the only way out is in. You gotta go deeper. You gotta look harder. You gotta expose your heart. The devil's in the details. Most men don't have the guts to look at them.

Bill Hodges: She talks to Brady?
Finkelstein: And he answers back. That's my bigger concern.

Librarian: You go to Harvard?
Jerome Robinson: Yes.
Librarian: Harvard University?
Jerome Robinson: Yes.
Librarian: The one in Massachusetts?
Jerome Robinson: Ma'am, is there any other one?
Librarian: Why would you be here in Ohio?

Librarian: I'm sorry, we don't get many Ivy Leaguers here.
Jerome Robinson: Oh, yeah, I understand.
Librarian: I don't. Ivy League people tend to skip over Ohio like we don't exist.

Alma Lane: We're not doing this for me. We're doing it for the money. We're doing it for literature. Now, eat your berries. You're gonna need them, baby...

Alma Lane: I'm prettier than I look... I'm thinner than I look too.

Holly Gibney: What's he saying?
Lou Linklatter: He's saying... "What is the big deal with freedom? What's so great about the great out there?..."

Holly Gibney: I'm not a vulgar person. And I think that people throw around the F word way too easily, but sometimes it is necessary to make a point. And I'm gonna make one right now... There's no fucking safety in this place.


Bill Hodges: I shouldn't have put you in that situation...
Holly Gibney: Well... according to Brady, you know, through Lou, that's what you do, you know, put people in situations.
Bill Hodges: She said that?
Holly Gibney: Well, she's saying that Brady said that. ... And that you don't really care about people in the end so much as you care about your quest.

Jerome Robinson: Floppy disks. Yeah, I read about these. I mean, do you even have a computer that can read these?

Bill Hodges: Well, you can't judge the art by the artist, though, you know? I mean, hate the man, but don't throw out the work. Caravaggio killed people. Cellini was a rapist...

Bill Hodges: We need to go to a pub.
Ida Silver: What?
Bill Hodges: In Ireland, if you lose the love of your life, you have to have a proper commemoration. It can only happen in a pub. Come on. Get your dancing shoes on.

Jerome Robinson: But you think it's a date?
Holly Gibney: Jerome, when a man asks a woman out for pancakes, it is rarely about the pancakes.

Jerome Robinson: You said he seems like a good guy.
Holly Gibney: Yeah, I know. Well, that might be a problem 'cause... I might like him and he might like me, and, you know, when two people like each other, then they go on another date and then another date, and then expectations come into play, you know, expectations that I'm not equipped to fulfill.

Tom Saubers: You know, the thing about the truth, Pete, is that it always comes out.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий