1 окт. 2019 г.

Sex Education #1.7

Otis: Don't you want to live happily ever after?
Maeve: Please. Do I look like I have a Cinderella complex? Are you going?
Otis: It's an appropriated American tradition that celebrates sexism and peddles an unrealistic portrayal of romantic love. So, no.
Maeve: Agreed. Ritualized teenage fun sucks.

Otis: I composed a bunch of texts, and after reading them, I just felt immensely uncool. So, I decided to not text you anything. I'm an idiot, sorry.

Sean: We were born alone and we will die alone so we might as well get what we can along the way. You're welcome.

Eric: Uh... Your nails are fierce.
Rydel: Thanks, kid. Want my advice? Stick to the jewel tones.

Jakob: So... Now I'll fix your sink.

Otis: Fairytales are all about female suppression. You know, Beauty and the Beast, basic Stockholm syndrome. Belle falls in love with a giant beast who's imprisoned her. The Little Mermaid has to lose her voice just to get a boyfriend. Don't get me started on Snow White—
Ola: Right, I'm gonna dance.
Otis: Cool.

Otis: Maeve is not the sort of person who would, you know, date me.
Ola: What does that mean?
Otis: Well, um... Maeve is considerably higher up on the food chain than I am. You know, I'm like a kangaroo or an armadillo. Whereas Maeve's like a panther, or a lion, even.
Ola: So what am I on the food chain?
Otis: You could be like... You know those goats that stand on really steep cliffs and just kind of stick?
Ola: I'm a goat?
Otis: No! I mean, you don't look like a goat. You could be, like, a house cat, if you don't like goats. You know, the skinny ones that just stare at you.
Ola: Okay, I'm a skinny house cat, and she's a lion.
Otis: Oh, no. Maeve is unattainable, and you're...
Ola: You're not a kangaroo, Otis. You're an arsehole.


Mr. Effoing: I wanted you to be proud and strong. But you are... so different. It makes me feel scared for you.
Eric: Your fear doesn't help me, Dad. It makes me feel weak.
Mr. Effoing: But why... do you have to be so much?
Eric: This is me.
Mr. Effoing: I don't want you to be hurt.
Eric: Look, I'll be hurt either way. Isn't it better to be who I am?

Mr. Hendricks: And now, a request. This is for all the couples in the room. So, grab yourself a partner. But remember to get consent... Hah! No, seriously. Please do get consent.

Otis: Sometimes, the people we like don't like us back, and it's painful, but there's nothing we can do about it. ... I know what it's like when someone doesn't feel the same way about you. It's... Someone you can't stop thinking about… It hurts. But you can't make people like you.

Liam: I don't like her. I love her.
Otis: I know. But love isn't about grand gestures, or the moon and the stars. It's just dumb luck. And sometimes, you meet someone who feels the same way. And, sometimes, you're unlucky. But one day, you're gonna meet someone who appreciates you for who you are. I mean, there's seven billion people on the planet. I know one of them is gonna climb up on a moon for you.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий