16 окт. 2019 г.

End of the World

Preacher 4×10


Cassidy: Why all the bells and bagpipes? Why not just blow it up and end the world yourself?
God: That's cheating. You all have to play your part. "Free will". THAT'S THE FUN.
Cassidy: And he likes to watch...

Tulip: Um... May I? Sometimes with the Sig Sauer when the firing pin gets hot...
Lara Featherstone: It jams, I know.

Tulip: True what you say about selfishness in the world. Sometimes doing what's right for you and just you... no cause, no religion, no man... it ain't selfish at all. Sometimes it's just righteous.

Hitler: Hippie wimp!
Jesus: Fascist pig!

Archangel: Our baby, our baby. Do... Do the right thing.
Jesse: What is that?
Archangel: Genesis...

Tulip: I get that that sucks a little bit for you. I get it. But you want to blow up the whole world 'cause of it? Wise up, quit acting like a baby, and move. Move!

Herr Klaus Starr: And you believe what, exactly?
Lara Featherstone: Duty. Service. Righteousness. Toiling in a harsh and hateful life to be rewarded in Paradise.
Herr Klaus Starr: Life is not a thing to pass through. Life is the thing itself.

Herr Klaus Starr: We're going to live under the sea. You and I. Eating, yoga, talking about books we like. Pleasuring you repeatedly with my anus... I don't think you'll get that kind of offer from Paradise.

Hitler: Jew! Jew!
Jesus: You're god... damn... right.

God: Y-You know I don't need you, right? The "Messiah" thing, i-it's just... it's... it's showbiz. I could blow the whole thing up myself at any time f-for any reason.
Jesus: Or. You could be merciful.
God: M-Mer...
Jesus: Patient, tolerant and loving.
God: Loving?!
Jesus: Yeah. "And these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these..."

Jesse: The world is not coming to an end. Not today anyway. We're not getting away with it that easy. So for all of you watching this unhappy horseshit talent show? TURN YOUR TVs OFF.

Jesse: I've been searching for Him a long time now. So long I can't remember not. What do I have to show for it? What good has it done me? Other than make me see the worst in myself... miss the best in others that I care about. So I'm gonna stop looking.

Jesse: I'm not done with God. Make no mistake. No matter where He runs, no matter how long it takes, I want Him found! So... GO FIND Him.


Cassidy: Christ. The three of us saved the world. In, like... Like, in an actual sense.
Jesse: Not many people can say that, huh?
Cassidy: Churchill. Lincoln. Who else? Frodo Baggins.

Jesus: Cassidy called... He's at a peyote conference in Oaxaca.

Jesse: I have so many questions.
God: Haha. Ask.

Jesse: Kids with cancer?
God: Ah, well, suffering is a great teacher. It gives a person strength.
Jesse: Or it kills you.
God: And teaches strength to those left behind.
Jesse: Alright.

Jesse: All the other religions? They're... They're wrong?
God: Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. There's a lot that, uh,... that is right, that I, uh, admire about the other faiths.
Jesse: But they're going to Hell?
God: No. No, no, no, no. Not, uh... Not necessarily.

Jesse: What about life on other planets?
God: No.
Jesse: What?!
God: Organic gases, water deposits, sure.
Jesse: Come on. I mean, all the planets? Even the ones we don't know about?
God: What, you want aliens with, uh, bug eyes and laser guns coming to get you? Sorry.

God: Well, what else? Uh... Stonehenge? The Holocaust? What are the key components of consciousness?

God: I love you, Jesse Custer. Do you believe me?.. Good. Now it's your turn... To say it back... Say you love me.

Jesse: Your Great Design is being loved. Right? That's it. That... That's the why.

Jesse: I get it, I get it. I get it. I understand.
God: Good.
Jesse: I understand that we would all be better off without a needy little bitch like you around.

Jesse: I'm warning you... stay out of Heaven and leave us alone.

Jesse: I get it. Uh, we got flaws. Thousands of 'em. Millions. Of course. But on the most part, I think humanity's a goddamn miracle. And for that, in my opinion, you should be proud. But if you've got something better cooking up in there? By all means, go for it. Meantime, I'm gonna go see a movie.

God: I know. What was taken... shall now be returned. Stand aside, and let me give you an eternity of love.
The Saint of Killers: What if... I choose hate?

Cassidy: Over a hundred and fifty years, and I've been stabbed, bloody chopped up, blown up, dropped out of airplanes. And you just... I just kept goin' because that's what you do. You just got to pick yourself up, you know, just forget the pain, try and carry on.

Jaysis: Mr. Cassidy? Will we ever see you again?
Cassidy: Jaysis, I hope so.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

The End

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий