24 окт. 2019 г.

Little Dude and the Lion

Atypical 2×3


Sam: I think everyone sometimes gets the urge to run... to flee. When you're autistic, it's called elopement.

Sam: The worst elopement story I ever heard was the one that the hostess at a Mongolian BBQ told my mom when I was little. The lion story. It's about a boy with autism who went on a safari with his parents in Africa. He was frightened by all the sounds and smells of the jungle. He could feel the predators everywhere. It became too much for him, so he ran off into the night. Where legend has it... he was eaten by a ferocious lion.

Doug: Hey, what do you like more, Sam, grilled cheese or pizza?
Sam: Grilled cheese. It's firmer, so it's easier to eat with one hand.

Sam: The changes that I'm dealing with are that my mom left home, and my sister doesn't go to my school anymore. And my therapist won't see me, and my ex-girlfriend wanted to have a casual relationship, and then no relationship. And, well... The reason prey animals hang around in a pack is for safety. So they don't get eaten. And I was feeling like a prey animal with no pack. And on top of all of that, I'm graduating into The Abyss. And that's... scary. That's all.
Ms. Whitaker: Yeah, forget what I said about The Abyss. I was just being dramatic.
Sam: I liked it. It's an accurate description.

Sam: I know there might be stuff that's hard or scary, but... everything is changing here anyway, so I can handle it. And if I need help I'll ask for it. Because change is inevitable and I'm not going to let all my teeth fall out.
Doug:Your teeth?
Sam: Yes. And I'm going to graduate whether we like it or not, so I might as well get ready for The Abyss. Sorry, Mom.

Sam: Lions don't have bad intentions. They don't eat prey out of spite. They're just doing what nature tells them to do. Like how parents try to protect you, or... girlfriends change their mind, or people leave. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in that lion's belly. Like I can't move. Like no one can see or hear me. But there's always a way out.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий