10 окт. 2019 г.

Sex Education #1.8

Sex Education 1×8


Jean: Otis, let's talk about this in a calm and rational way—
Otis: Not calm! Not rational!

Mr. Hendricks: Look, we all have bad days, you know? But in every cloud, there is a rainstorm. No, wait, sorry, that's not right. "There is a rainbow in every cloud," is it?

Mr. Groff: Milburn... A word to the wise. Beware the wild female. They will chew you up and spit you out like stale crisps.

Jean: It wasn't fucking funny when I pushed you out of my vagina, either.

Otis: You say you're all about honesty and clear communication, but you're not honest at all. You inveigle your way into everything I do and then act like it's an accident. You cross multitudes of parental boundaries on a daily basis. You're a... sneaky, sneaky woman!
Jean: That is a vast over-exaggeration!


Mr. Groff: Please tell us why you should stay at this school... Nothing? Very well, then...
Maeve: I'm really smart, sir. I'd read all of Jane Austen by the time I was 12. Including her lesser-known work, Lady Susan, which is a severely underrated piece of feminist literature. Um... I can also debate the inherent difference between existentialism and transcendentalism, explaining why Sartre is the prominent voice of the former, and the latter is barely remembered as a philosophical movement. I can also gauge the depths of Mr. Hendricks' personal despair based on his choice of Hawaiian shirt... I'm really smart. I just got unlucky in the family department.

Otis: Can you not shout, okay?
Jean: I wish you weren't so concerned about what your peers thought. You don't want to develop a subservient personality trait.

Otis: Yeah, well, I am all those things, Mum. And... some of it is your fault. A lot of it's Dad's fault, but mostly it's just... it's me. I'm not... I'm not normal.
Jean: Of course you're normal. You're 16! You're not supposed to know the answers to anything. You're going to be just fine.

Otis: Thank you for saying sorry.
Jean: Well, apologizing isn't just social etiquette, it's a hugely important human ritual that brings relationships together and helps people to move forward, and... And you already know all that, don't you?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий