28 окт. 2019 г.

Great Balls of Fire

Mr. Mercedes 3x5


John Rothstein: I'm dead. But clearly, not gone.

John Rothstein: That's your fear, isn't it? Once you're dead, gone, gone, gone, gone. But the fear that's under that one... let's call it, uh, totem pole fear... is that you were never there in the first place. You got no legacy. You think finding my killer is gonna give you one? Well, let me tell you something, bud. Legacy is shit. And shit don't mean shit.

Antonio Montez: I'm just saying that if we're gonna solve this, we're gonna have to do it right here, on Earth.

Anita Bellamy: A writer is more of a secretary than God, so Rothstein didn't do anything to Jimmy Gold. What Rothstein saw and allowed Jimmy to show us is that most of us just become everyman. Ordinary, we just... morph into the guy next door.
Young Morris: No!
Anita Bellamy: Yeah, honey. Jimmy Gold evolved into bland nothingness—

Bill Hodges: You okay?
Holly Gibney: Fine.
Bill Hodges: You seem a bit fidgety.
Holly Gibney: I'm fine. I'm a fidgety person. ... I'm allowed to be a fidgety person.


Peter Saubers: Jimmy's still a rebel in the end.
Ida Silver: Why? Because he throws an ashtray through a TV screen?
Peter Saubers: That's a symbol... The CBS logo is an eye, and Jimmy's act is a ritual blinding of his inner eye, the one that sees the truth.

Roland Finkelstein: You're scared I might try to kiss you or something?

Tom Saubers: Peter. We are honest people, okay? We may not have much, but we have that. We are honest people.

Bill Hodges: Nothing spectacular about it. They only put ordinary failures on TV nowadays. It makes the ads look better.

John Rothstein: Billy, I think you're missing the point. There's only one way out, and that's in.

Lou Linklatter: Your job is to show the jury that Brady-bashing... oh. It's such a good thing. Brady-bashing is sympathetic and so... pretty.

Roland Finkelstein: A person in Ohio can't be convicted of both murder and manslaughter for the same killing.
Antonio Montez: No. It's one or the other.
Roland Finkelstein: Because not all killings are the same. Murder is worse than manslaughter.

Lou Linklatter: He's a very complicated person. He really is. He hurts me, and then he helps me, and then he hurts me. All I gotta do is know which one is which.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий