7 авг. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×9

Chapter 61


& Underwood: You don’t have to say the words, Governor.
    Conway: I think I do... Congratulations, Mr. President Elect.

& Underwood: Acknowledging defeat is never easy. Doing it in public is a living hell.

& Claire: Victory.
    Underwood: With a whiff of defeat.
    Claire: It’s taken a long time to get here, but we’re here. Cheers, Francis. Everything gets easier from now on.

& Usher: Listen, you lost. But more than half the country still considers you their president... This is what’s required. Go down there, give your speech... Concede.

& Underwood: I would like to make my first 100 days as the duly elected president as productive as possible. Of course, there are many challenges..... But the biggest challenge that we face, and the one that I’m going to need all of your help on, is reuniting a country that has never been more divided than it is today...

& Underwood: We have a full term ahead of us. There’s gonna be a great deal that we’re gonna be able to accomplish, the three of us.
    Doug: I appreciate that, sir. But Mark Usher will become a problem.
    Underwood: Well, everyone... becomes a problem, eventually.

& Eric: Where does it go from there? What do you say?
    Underwood: Uh, uh... «America, I hear you. Whether you voted for me or not, I hear all of you.»

& Petrov: You’ll tell her how you manipulated the American mood, hmm? How you helped steal an election.
    Macallan: That would be it for me.
    Petrov: You’re a valued guest of the Russian state...

& Petrov: This will make you famous, hmm? A whistle-blower...
    Macallan: I don’t wanna be famous.
    Petrov: But you do want to be free.

& Womack: This is how it starts... You know, Doug... you and I, we’ve been around long enough to see the guard change. And it changes because the people at the top forget how they got there. Romero’s trying to change the guard, Doug. And we are the guard...

& Doug: What is it that you really want?


& Usher: Look... I’m just here to make sure your four years turn into eight, but... it’s up to you, of course. But we’re talking about two seats... one line...
    &Underwood: Give him what he wants.

& Underwood: The office of Pres...
        Yes, here we go again. Secretary of State. That’s what I wanted. That’s all I wanted. That’s what I was promised. And now, here I am, President of these United States.
        You made this bed, America. You voted for me. Are you confused? Are you afraid? Because what you thought you wanted is now here. And there you are, staring back, slack-jawed, bewildered, wondering if this is what you actually asked for.
        This democracy,
your democracy, elected me. And if you think it was hard getting here, you’re beginning to understand what I’m willing to do to stay.
        I look across at this crowd gathered today and I know that these are not my supporters. I’m looking at people who are waiting, with a smile on their face, for their turn. And the most vicious among them are the ones who are smiling and clapping the hardest.
       
Power is a lot like real estate. Remember?
    Judge: So help me God.
    Underwood: So help me God.

& Usher: Is he worth the fight?
    Underwood: There is no neutrality. I expect total loyalty or you are an enemy.
    Usher: Understood, Mr. President.

& Claire: I have a soft spot for that patriotic stuff.

& Surkova: Please spread your arms and legs.
    Kate: Excuse me?!
    Surkova: Otherwise, there is no interview.

& Claire: You look very beautiful. Presidential.
    Underwood: You look beautiful. Vice Presidential.

& Underwood: You know, they say the most vulnerable part of the human body... is the throat... and that you never really know how you feel about somebody... until they have their hands around your throat. So tell me... How do you feel now?

& Claire: I thought we killed that committee.
    Underwood: Nothing ever really dies in the House. It just plays in front of a smaller and smaller audience.

& Underwood: Tom... don’t cheat on my wife.

& Doug: Like I said, they’ll call you if they need you.

& Claire: It’s hard to know who to trust these days...
    Underwood: Isn’t it?

--
On the IMDb
+ reddit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий