4 авг. 2017 г.

Nightmare

TURN 4×4


& Arnold: I’m asking that you unleash me, sir. With fear and terror at my side, I will bring the hammer of war down on Washington’s head like the god Ares himself.

& Anna: To hear her tell it, they kissed only once.
    Abraham: Well, if it’s done right... sometimes it’s all you need.

& Townsend: Is «monarch» spelled M-A-N?
    Rivington: Argh! We’ve printed 638 copies, so tonight it is.

& Townsend: «Rebels Rampage. Massacre at Lyme.» Have you no shame?
    Rivington: None whatsoever.
    Townsend: The rhetoric, the barrage, it’s all just to sell more copy?
    Rivington: What else would it be for?
    Townsend: I believe it is a newsman’s obligation to report every event as fairly and objectively as he can.
    Rivington: Hmm, open and uninfluenced?.. With work rendered as generally useful and amusing as possible without personal satire or censures acrimonious to any society or class of men...
    Townsend: Wise words.
    Rivington: From a naive young man...
    Townsend: You?!
    Rivington: «The Royal Gazette» was once «The New York Gazetteer,» ’73 to ’75.


& Townsend: What happened?
    Rivington: The Sons of Liberty happened. I ran opinions on both sides of an issue, but they thought that any word that did not actively indict the Crown was a sin to be punished. And punish they did...

& Townsend: You’ve let them beat you...
    Rivington: I’ve let them... teach me. One cannot speak truth to power if power has no use for truth. For all their talk of liberty and virtue, the Patriots are as zealous and intolerant as the enemy they seek to defeat.

& Caleb: He is a man. Not a god and not the devil. He loses men every day... Fathers, brothers, sons. And like any other man...
    Abraham: He wants revenge.
    Caleb: ... I was gonna say he feels each loss.

& Simcoe: Your whole future, your name depends upon the outcome of this war. Suffer defeat and you’ll face infamy as America’s Judas. Achieve victory, and they’ll build monuments to you... You’ll never quit. You’ll do whatever it takes to win. I waited for the right man.

& Arnold: As a parent, you realize that your name is not inherited from your father. It is rather a loan from your children. It is a treasure that must be protected.

& Abraham: My quarry is Simcoe. That’s all I care about.
    Mary: Then I just have one piece of advice... Don’t miss.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий