11 авг. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×11

Chapter 63


& MSNBC Host: If Underwood is impeached, then.... Tom, where would impeachment leave Vice President Claire Underwood?
    Hammerschmidt: In the Oval, as president. What their arrangement would be, in that case, is anybody’s guess...

& Claire: The people want to forgive you. Let them.

& Eric: Your legacy won’t die. It’ll be solidified. You’ll be infamous.
    Underwood: Legacy and infamy are not the same thing.
    Eric: You’ll be remembered. Who cares why?

& Claire: Just to be clear, it’s not that I haven’t always known you were there. It’s that I have mixed feelings about you. I question your intentions... and I’m ambivalent about attention. But don’t take it personally... It’s how I feel about most everybody.

& Romero: Well, as of this morning, I’m officially an independent. ... Four years from now, I think an outsider’s what the voter will be looking for.
    Usher: Yeah, third-party candidate is the future, and always will be.

& Underwood: You know people. You know them for years. And then... suddenly they’re like strangers in your kitchen... Familiar can turn foreign on a dime.


& Claire: You have to go... You need to leave... There’s just no place for you here anymore.

& Underwood: Were the men before us any more moral? Any more worthy of the power and position that they had found themselves in? Any more capable of doing a single goddamn thing for the public? Well, yes and no. History has a way of looking better than it was. Or perhaps Shakespeare was right... We’re all just madmen leading the blind.

& Doug: I understand if you think I’m a monster. But I’d do it again. To save the president, I’d do anything.

& Laura: I’m not fucking you because I like you. I’m fucking you because I hate you.

& Doug: Who was he to you?

& Underwood: Maybe he’s just happy...
    Claire: Happiness isn’t my concern. Not now, not ever.

& Seth: That won’t play. She’ll look uninformed, and the people know she isn’t.
    Usher: Oh, the distance will help her look innocent.
    Claire: Innocent, guilty, capable, incompetent, whatever it is... the public is going to think the opposite. So, really there is no winning.

--
On the IMDb
+ reddit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий