5 авг. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×8

Chapter 60


& Underwood: ...So, welcome to Elysian Fields.

& Usher: There’s no talking politics or business while we’re here, gentlemen.
    Underwood: Yes, we don’t want to poison all this nature with words.
    Usher: You know the motto.
    Underwood: Yes, «Buzzing bees, sting not here.» It’s hard to miss.

& Usher: Fuck Ohio. This is the campaign.

& Underwood: The general is a traitor, you know that.
    Usher: The general is trying to be a politician. You would have done the same.
    Underwood: .... Yeah, but better.

& Durant: We’re the only country in position to rescue. So, 20 minutes ago, we offered.
    Claire: They declined?
    Durant: And denied. Petrov does not want us to see what’s on board.

& Viktor Petrov: A rescue at sea and a chance to embarrass us? Just before your second Election Day? Sounds like I would be helping you, hmm?
    Claire: The boat sinks, your crew dies. How is that going to look at home?
    Viktor Petrov: I tell my people how things look, and that’s how they look.

& Viktor Petrov: Ah, I don’t like to quantify human worth... but Macallan’s is higher. Social media is a powerful tool.

& Usher: Oppenheimer was a member. That tree right over there, right under that tree, Manhattan Project was born.
    Underwood: And right under this one, I’m relieving myself. I hope you’re not equating me to the atom bomb.


& Tusk: Are you hungry? I have, uh, eggs, and orange juice, mountain oysters...
    Underwood: You mean bull’s testicles, don’t you? I prefer to call things what they are.

& Tusk: How do you like your eggs?
    Underwood: In the afternoon.

& Underwood: No. History is earned. You win the day, and then you win the day after, and you do the same thing every day until you’re dead. And you’re remembered not for the winning, but because you never lost!

& Underwood: A little restraint... would be unexpected.

& Underwood: ...you can’t just sit back and admire the view. I’ve learned you’ve got to grab the present by the balls. That’s where the American people live.
    Brockhart: You sound more like a salesman than a president, Mr. President.
    Underwood: Well, if we’re Americans, then we are salesmen, right? That’s our birthright. Cars and phones and a gallon of gas.

& Brockhart: That’s not how I see America. I’m a patriot. I serve.
    Underwood: Well, then, we salute you, General. But you serve to what purpose?.. So the rest of America can sell.

& Brockhart: People want a president they can trust.
    Underwood: No, they don’t. They want a president they know. And I know them. I’m selling a tomorrow that you can see and touch and feel. Now, you take that away, and I don’t know what this country has left. Except a group of grown men standing around in a circle, all staring at a small screen. Looking in instead of looking out.

& Underwood: You know why I didn’t hire you back then?.. Because when you went to pick up the check, you told me I didn’t have to pay you. That you would work for free. I don’t trust that. Because no one works for free.

& Claire: Let’s get back to where we left off. What will it take to get Aidan Macallan back on American soil?
    Viktor Petrov: ... He likes it here.

& Underwood: They’ve never wanted me, not from the beginning, no matter what I do!
    Claire: Fuck ’em.
    Underwood: I intend to.

& Underwood: ...what’s going to go unsaid in this conversation is that Claire and I... are willing... to do anything. And we know... that you are no different.

& Underwood: Common woe, be done.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий