25 авг. 2017 г.

Interiors

& Frederick: Whatever happened to your photography? You used to be so hot on that.
    Renata: I hate it. It’s stupid. I feel a real need to express something but I don’t know what it is I want to express or how to express it.

& Pearl: Tell you the truth, I prefer the beaches.
    Arthur: She could sit in the sun all day.
    Pearl: That’s enough ruins. How many ruins can you see? But that hot sand, blue water — that’s for me.

& Frederick: ... To me, the conflict over the giving of the information between the French doctor and the Algerian was the best part of the play.
    Joey: I know. The writer argued both sides so brilliantly you didn’t know who was right.
    Pearl: I didn’t get that. I mean, to me, it wasn’t such a big deal. One guy was a squealer. The other guy wasn’t. I liked the guy that wasn’t.
    Frederick: Well, it’s a little more complex than that, don’t you think?
    Pearl: Why? You liked the squealer? Did I miss something?
    Joey: That’s what made me anxious about the play. I mean, how do you figure out the right thing to do? How do you know?
    Pearl: How do you know? I don’t know. You just know, you feel it. I mean... You just don’t squeal.


& Joey: ... I think you’re... really too perfect to live in this world. I mean, all the... beautifully furnished rooms, carefully-designed interiors, everything’s so controlled. There wasn’t any room for any real feelings. None. Between any of us...

& Joey: At the center of a sick psyche there is a sick spirit.

& Joey: Water’s so calm.
    Renata: Yes. It’s very peaceful.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий