1 авг. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×6

Chapter 58


& Claire: I, Claire Hale Underwood, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States...
    Underwood: I’m proud of her. She deserves this. Even if it only lasts for a couple of weeks.
    Claire: ...And will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God.
    Underwood: Congratulations, Madam Acting President.

& Underwood: You have to now carry this with you at all times.
    Claire: The codes?
    Underwood: Mmm-hmm. It’s the law.

& Claire: You are in violation of the Antarctic Treaty System...
    President Petrov: A treaty the USSR signed in 1959. We’re a new country.

& Underwood: American democracy is stronger than your sad attempt to take advantage of a bump in the road.
    President Petrov: Oh, Francis, my eyes are on a landscape that is so much bigger than any one of your roads...

& Yates: I’m not talking about him. I’m talking about you.
    Claire: What difference does it make whether I’m enjoying myself or not?
    Yates: Isn’t that what this is all about? Can’t you just... live in it for a second?

& Yates: You could wake up tomorrow... and... I don’t know, feed the children... start a war...


& Conway: I’m not gonna beg.
    Usher: No, you’re gonna smile.

& Underwood: Bob, there’s no precedent here. There’s no playbook. We can look to the Constitution for inspiration, but not for instruction.

& Underwood: Look. Look at them... That is the look of contemplating loss. Loss... the only constituent that anyone in this room really listens to.

& Claire: Isn’t that right, Mr. President?
    Underwood: Absolutely, Madam President.

& President Petrov: There are no Russian troops in Antarctica.

& Durant: How long do you expect the world to believe those aren’t your soldiers?
    President Petrov: Do you like working for the Underwoods? How loyal are you?

& President Petrov: You will allow me to exploit whatever oil I find in Antarctica. And I’ll tell you why. I have something. Or rather, someone you need...

& Claire: I thought you saw what I saw.
    Underwood: I did. I do. We’re perfectly in sync, Claire.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий