13 авг. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×12

Chapter 64


& Underwood: Help! Help! The secretary has fallen!

& Danny: You’ve been around a long time. Nobody tells you how to vote. They just tell you what happens if you don’t go their way... Oil’s at $50 a barrel. Nobody’s happy with that.

& Underwood: Peace. That’s our goal. And through peace, we must find a different way forward... Colonel Ismat is the leader of the Democratic faction, dedicated to freeing the Syrian people....

& Underwood: ...If it is determined that chemical or biological weapons have been used in the Syrian conflict, then from this moment forward, the United States will be morally obligated to intervene. So, the Syrian president should consider himself on notice.

& Davis: Gelsemium. For migraines. I get them all the time. It comes out of China. But don’t worry, it’s herbal. You have to be careful of the dosing, though. Just two drops...

& Clarie: You know, it’s pure feeling for me. Light versus dark. And that line where they meet.

& Clarie: So where does that leave Colonel Ismat and the Syrian people?
    Davis: Alive... once we’re on the ground.
    Clarie: Yes, but Russia was invited in. We need cause.
    Davis: The Syrian president has gassed civilians. He will again. I can guarantee it. Colonel Ismat will make sure of it. He’ll instigate an attack from the regime. We put troops on the ground, leave ICO resources alone... and Nasser will make sure they cooperate.

& Green: Fact? Really? Is that what it is?
    Doug: If it sounds like a fact, then it is a fact. ...
    Green: You know the rest of the bureau is done with the president.
    Doug: I’m not talking to them. I’m talking to you.
    Green: They’ve looked the other way, but for how much longer? Doug... he’s done.

& Underwood: Oh, Doug... Poor Doug.
    Clarie: Yes.
    Underwood: He’s an unlucky person.
    Clarie: Always has been.


& Hammerschmidt: I’m not a conspiracy theorist. I try to imagine what it’s like inside his mind, what I would do if I were him. And I’m telling you, it is all sorts of... He has no ideology. No North Star. Isn’t that the scariest thing of all?

& Angela: You can’t get anything off the phone Zoe died with.
    Hammerschmidt: They just need to believe we can.
    Angela: What is this job?
    Hammerschmidt: Not what it used to be.

& Underwood: How could you be so stupid... to fall in love?

& Yates: ...you said you were murderers. He said you were survivors.

& Davis: The money’s not with him, Mark. The... the Koch brother types, Wall Street, oil and gas... Even labor’s walking out on him.
    Usher: He’s more resourceful than you think. He’s done a lot without money, okay? ....
    Davis: I don’t want him to be president. The country needs a change.

& Green: ... No. And I’d like to point out that I’m proud to be representing the men and women of the FBI here today, who conducted that investigation as they always do in a competent, honest, and independent way, in the finest tradition of the FBI.
    Romero: Did they?
    Green: Our people did their job. And it’s unthinkable to assume the FBI would involve itself in an election.

& Davis: I... I don’t appreciate being the one to tell you this, but... your presidency is beyond repair.
    Underwood: You don’t know what I’m going to do next. Isn’t that it? Isn’t that what really bothers you?

& Underwood: Make me an offer, Ms. Davis. What is she worth to you?
    Davis: A lot.

& Underwood: I have agreed to appear before this committee today... because... I’m guilty. ....

& Underwood: You accused me of pay to play... And so I accuse you of exactly the same. I also accuse you of playing politics only when it suits you. You’re all being paid. You’re all serving some master. Each and every one of you, and you know I know that for a fact. You, for example, Congressman Romero...

& Underwood: Oh, don’t deny it. You’ve loved it. You don’t actually need me to stand for anything. You just need me to stand. To be the strong man. The man of action.
    My God, you’re addicted to action and slogans. It doesn’t matter what I say. It doesn’t matter what I do. Just as long as I’m doing something, you’re happy to be along for the ride. And frankly, I don’t blame you. With all the foolishness and indecision in your lives, why not a man like me?
    I don’t apologize. In the end, I don’t care whether you love me or you hate me, just as long as I win.

    The deck is stacked. The rules are rigged. Welcome to the death of the Age of Reason. There is no right or wrong. Not anymore. There’s only being in... and then being out.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ reddit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий