9 авг. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×10

Chapter 62


& Usher: She’s testifying ’cause she doesn’t want to go to jail. Which is the only reason anyone testifies.

& Romero: No, I always walk the final 50 yards. Never know when you might get a chance to press some flesh... Hi, I’m Alex Romero. I represent the Seventh District of Arizona. I want to know what keeps you up at night so I can work all day to address it. The future belongs to all of us. I hope I can count on your support. What do you think, Mark? Huh? I mean, you’re the expert.

& Underwood: I go on being presidential. That’s the only way that I can deal with this. It’s my first 100 days, for God’s sake!

& Underwood: There aren’t enough Ahmadis in the world. Not for all we’ve done.

& Davis: I’m in the Hoover Building. It’s the ugliest building in... in the city. I close my eyes as I walk in. Stop by any time. Especially if you’re in the mood to talk. We could use someone who says as little as you do.

& Davis: ...as I explained, Syria is like a different country one day to the next.
    Underwood: Yes, well, you can thank Viktor Petrov for that.
    Davis: Oh, I do.

& Davis: I just want peace...
    Underwood: Yes, there’s nothing that makes profits like peace.
    Davis: And nothing makes peace like profits.

& Davis: Mr. President, may I be blunt?... There’s going to be a gas attack happening in the city of Homs. If you were to, let us say, draw a line in the sand... and if this tragic attack were to happen... the US government would have to send in an additional 30,000 or so soldiers. To protect the oil lines, to keep Petrov from getting into Damascus. And, of course, to protect the people.


& Davis: ... But once he’s done with you... it’s as if a switch gets turned off.

& Usher: ... But she is merciless. Single-minded as a single mind can be.

& Claire: Sarin gas. Mostly against civilians in suburban areas of Homs.
    Underwood: We’re dealing with animals here.
    Claire: It’s horrifying.

& Durant: But if we know this is going to happen, well, then why aren’t we stopping it before it does?
    Claire: .... Francis held on to your resignation letter. And he wants to tear it up...

& Usher: Did you have a good time?
    Davis: I never do at those things anymore.
    Usher: Necessary evils.
    Davis: It’s not like the old days, when you used to meet surprising people.
    Usher: Uh... did people get less surprising or are we less easily surprised?
    Davis: Well, exactly.

& Usher: He could be a great president...
    Davis: But does he want to be? And what is great? And then there’s her...
    Usher: What about her? What about her?

& Davis: I can help you get what you want. If you tell me what it is. I enjoy helping others...
    Claire: I think you know what I want.
    Davis: Yes... But do you want it now or in four years?

& Underwood: «Beware entangling alliances,» Mr. President. You know, that quote is often attributed to Washington, but it was actually Jefferson who said it.

& Claire: There has to be a way out, Francis.
    Underwood: Does there? Is there? Or is this my presidency? Forever with a target on my back...

--
On the IMDb
+ reddit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий