25 авг. 2017 г.

Belly of the Beast

TURN 4×8


& Anna: As long as you treat him as a broken man, he will be broken. Give him your trust as a friend, and he will earn it back.

& Simcoe: Is this campaign meant to stamp out rebels or enrich your coffers?
    Arnold: Don’t worry, Graves. You’re entitled to your fair share.
    Simcoe: ... With respect, sir, I came here to fight, not to loot.
    Arnold: Well, fortune favors the bold, as it always has done. Countless others in this army have benefited. Am I to be the only honest man in this war?!

& Simcoe: Muskets roaring, men screaming, the senses completely overwhelmed. A trained soldier learns to keep his head. For a novice, it can be quite frightful. And when the cannon sounds and the smoke clouds, who’s to say whose knife is whose, which gun?
    Abraham: Whose bare hands?

& Washington: His opinion is wrong! You see that, don’t you?
    Ben: Your Excellency... Everyone disagrees. The French, Governor Jefferson, even your own generals, they are all telling you the same thing. Sir, you must abandon this... this obsession with taking New York.


& Washington: You are making this choice out of cowardice and fear!
    Ben: And you’re making yours out of vanity. Just like Arnold did.

& Cornwallis: I follow orders, general. You might try it.
    Arnold: Yes, I have defied orders in the past but always with cause. I can read a map, sir. I know weakness when I see it.

& Arnold: You’d be surprised how often it’s the elements that you trust most turn on you in the field.

& Townsend: Well, if there’s one thing I have learned here, it’s how to spread a lie.

& Townsend: If I was a more pious Quaker, I would have stayed neutral.
    Rivington: Then why?
    Townsend: Those who sit on the picket fence are impaled by it. I was here. And I could do something. And that’s as much a reason as anyone ever needs.

& Abraham: Wait. Wait. I am Culper! ... I’m Samuel Culper! I’m Samuel Culper!

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий