12 авг. 2017 г.

Joshy

& Ari: I think a small crew is cool. Yeah, we’re gonna be like the Beatles. We are like the Beatles. You’re like John and Paul.
    Eric: I’m Ringo ’cause I keep it light and I look a little bit like a possum.
    Ari: And I’m George ’cause I’m stony and I, you know, can’t get enough of the sun.
    Adam: I’m, I’m George Martin.
    Ari: Yeah, the integral fifth Beatle.

& Adam: It just kind of feels to me like... like a little bit of a monkey’s paw at this point.
    Greg: What does that mean, monkey’s paw?
    Adam: Well, like, I wished we were all playing a game, and now I got my wish, but it’s like the saddest, weirdest, worst version of that because I’m just losing money and I’m stressed out.
    Greg: ... So it’s like if you went to a monkey seller and you said, «Hey, give me a monkey,» and then he just gave you the hand?
    Adam: No, I mean, I think you’re thinking of it too literally.


& Adam: So when you think about the basic paradoxes, you know, one of them, the bootstrap paradox, dictates that no matter what happens when you go back in time, no matter what information you take with you, it’s always been there. So if you go back, say, to yesterday to give yourself a great stock tip, that means that there was never a version of reality where you didn’t receive that.
    Eric: This is fucking fantastic!...
    Adam: The other version of that... Thanks, man. The other version of that is the grandfather paradox, which means that no matter what happens when you go back, it’s always a version of what was going to happen. So if you go back and your grandfather dies, that doesn’t prevent you from being born. That just means that something else is going to have to happen and it always did and you would find out that who you thought was your grandfather wasn’t actually your grandfather.
    Josh: But what about Marty McFly? He goes back and he takes away and he starts disappearing.
    Adam: What you’re describing is a depiction of time travel in, you know, pop culture fiction. What I’m talking about is science.

& Josh: She checks out, and I have to fucking deal with it!

& Eric: I would still argue that Mafia is the best board game.
    Adam: Yeah, well, Mafia is not a board game. There’s no board. There’s just sort of... social fun and nonsense game.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий