21 июл. 2017 г.

The Black Hole of Calcutta

TURN 4×2


& — That man’s ass is so tight, he must shit through his teeth.

& Benjamin: He would never give up the ring, sir.
    Washington: He has already destroyed it.

& Caleb: Ah, general. Jesus, the red really does suit ya.

& Abraham: Ben, Ben, it’s not going to work.
    Benjamin: Yeah, well, that’s exactly what I said to Brewster when he used the Turtle to sail into New York Harbor and rescue you.
    Woodhull: The Turtle, what Turtle? What does he mean?
    Benjamin: Aye, it’s an...
    Abraham: It’s sort of a...
    Benjamin: It’s a submersible.
    Abraham: It’s a boat that goes under the water.

& Arnold: Do you find your situation here amusing, Lieutenant Brewster?
    Caleb: Well, if I’d spouted off to you back in camp I’d be thrown in jail, but seeing as you’ve turned coats, and I’m already in chains, I can finally speak me mind, and tell ya, you are a two-faced, pompous, piece of shite. So, yeah, I do find it a touch amusing.

& Simcoe: My turn.

& Washington: I was upset with myself... Because I was the one who urged Congress to declare bankruptcy last year.
    Lady Washington: Well, you did not sign up to be a politician as well as a general.

& Washington: Without funds to continue the fight, or some improbable victory to conclusively decide it... this war is lost.


& Simcoe: Just to be clear, this isn’t about payback, it’s about respect.
    Caleb: That’s funny. I got none for you.
    Simcoe: Well, I think you were showing me a warrior’s respect by your eagerness to inflict pain. To think anything less would break me would have been an insult. Now I extend you the same courtesy.

& Simcoe: If Rogers isn’t Culper, then who?

& Simcoe: ... So, a full confession will be required. I’ll take dictation.
    Caleb: Never gonna happen.
    Simcoe: I encourage you to reconsider.... Challenge accepted.

& Simcoe: Why not let yourself scream? A beast has no shame in howling if it’s wounded.

& Simcoe: I was born in India. My father was a surgeon at Fort William. And I grew up watching him minister to the poor mongrels of Bengal. Only at age 10, to see them turn on him, and throw him in a tiny cell designed to hold three men... they put him in with 60. «Black Hole of Calcutta they called it.

& Simcoe: Mercy is weakness. Strength is truth. Those are the lessons of Calcutta. Lessons I’ve been teaching to colonists ever since as a member of the Royal Army, in Guyana or the Caribbean. And now here in New York with you.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий