8 июл. 2017 г.

House of Cards 5×1

Chapter 53


& Claire: ... The president and I have a simple request. Tell us what you see. If anything in your environment strikes you as a bit odd, a bit off, pick up the phone...

& Claire: ... Because there's a lot of noise out there these days. A noisy press that's choosing to dwell on the past instead of what's happening right now. My husband and I want to protect you...

& Claire: ...no matter who wins this election, we're going to need to work together, watch out for each other, and, yes, watch each other, to keep us all safe and sound. Tell us what you see.

& Madam Speaker: Mr. President. This is beyond the norm.
    Underwood: I don't care... I don't care.

& Underwood: And I also do not care about your investigative committees. No, that is not what I care about today.

& Madam Speaker: The sergeant at arms will remove the president.
    Underwood: Madam Speaker, I repeat. I demand a vote! I will not yield. I will not yield! I will not yield.

& Claire: What did the girl say to you?
    Underwood: She said she hopes I die and that you become the president.

& Claire: We need to dial up the terror...


& Claire: Francis... I shouldn't have cried at the funeral.
    Underwood: No, it played beautifully.
    Claire: Not for me.

& Underwood: Now, if you just hold the scope a little a ways from your face... and look down, straight down, across the lawn... right to the gate. You see them?... Those people want a voice. Some for, some against. And they're looking back across the lawn, toward this house and these windows... and they're thinking, "I wonder what the president and the First Lady are doing tonight. And will they be able to protect us?"..... You see, all those people want... is someone to keep them from what they're afraid to know.

& Yates: I heard the president's declaration. Very compelling.
    Claire: What did you really think?
    Yates: It was almost like the real thing.

& Durant: It is a bit extreme. Expanding the no-fly list to this extent. The restrictions on visas alone is unprecedented. How do we justify?
    Underwood: The White House counsel's been all through that. It's there in black and white.
    Durant: We're virtually closing down our borders without any hard evidence to back it up.
    Underwood: It's coming.

& Claire: The FBI is currently gathering a list of words and images. If they appear on your children's or your coworkers' devices, please...

& Underwood: Do you want to live? Tell us what we want. Tell us what we want to hear.

& Underwood: And so I would like to say this to ICO directly. You will not infect the mind of one more of our young people, because I will not stop until I find you.

& Underwood: You have nothing to be afraid of. You have nothing to be afraid of. You have nothing to be afraid of.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий