1 июл. 2017 г.

Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum

The Handmaid's Tale 1×4


& Offred: Words. It’s Latin, I think. .... It’s a message, for me.

& Moira: Posted. You sound like Aunt Chlamydia.

& Aunt Lydia: ...A wonderful ritual. Once a month, on fertile days, the Handmaid shall lie between the legs of the Commander’s wife. The two of you will become one flesh, one flower, waiting to be seeded.

& Aunt Lydia: Moira?
    Moira: Are you saying... that we will be having intercourse with the men... between the wives’ legs?
    Aunt Lydia: .... When Rachel saw that she bear Jacob no children, she said unto Jacob, «Give me children, or else I die.» And Rachel said, «Behold my maid, Bilhah, go in unto her, and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may have children by her.» That is His word, dear. And we shall abide.


& Offred: Sterile. That’s a forbidden word. There’s no such thing as a sterile man anymore. There’s only women who are fruitful and women who are barren.

& Commander Waterford: It’s a joke.
    Offred: Oh? How is it a joke?
    Commander Waterford: It’s only funny if you know Latin. Actually, it’s probably only funny if you’re a 12-year-old boy studying Latin. It doesn’t really translate. It’s something like, «Don’t let the bastards grind you down.»
    Offred: Don’t let the bastards grind you down... Thanks.

& Offred: There was an Offred before me. She helped me find my way out. She’s dead. She’s alive. She is me. We are Handmaids. Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, bitches.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий