19 июл. 2017 г.

Come to Jesus

American Gods 1×8


& Mr. Nancy: This is all too big. Too much going on at once.

& Mr. Nancy: .... When the queen was done with you... you were gone. Worse ways to go... Clothes and hair change with the times, but this queen, ha-ha, she kept the party going.

& Mr. Nancy: Our queen’s power... which is the power of all women, the power of rebirth, and creation... it makes some men kneel in awe and give gifts. But it makes other men angry. And you know it: Anger gets shit done.

& Mr. Nancy: So long as I’m still alive, I can adapt.

& Mr. Nancy: And there is no end to the cruelty of men threatened by strong women.

& Technical Boy: Worship is a volume business. Whosoever has the most followers wins the game... Wanna play?

& Mr. Nancy: Life is long when you got regret. A moment can last forever when you can see how it should have gone.

& Mr. Wednesday: We have to be presentable, where we’re going.

& Mr. Wednesday: You’re confused. You got a lot of questions, but you don’t know how to ask them. Do not confuse confusion for anger.
    Shadow Moon: I’m not confused. I’m very confused.

& Mr. Wednesday: We might not be welcome at first...

& Shadow Moon: Heh, forgot it was Easter.
    Mr. Wednesday: Well, it is Sunday, 16th of April, seven days after the vernal equinox.
    Shadow Moon: I love Easter.
    Mr. Wednesday: Oh, many do. Some for the rabbits, some for the resurrection. Most think of the food. All that fucking sugar, huh? They don’t think of the truth of the day. And why would they?

& Mr. Wednesday: Well, yeah, you could... you could call this Easter. Or we could call it what it really is: a pagan ritual, the celebration of the beginning of spring dating back about 12,000 years.

& Mr. Wednesday: So, when you see children dipping eggs in vinegar the colors of their favorite toys, or when you see the nation’s youth fleeing south for copulation, or when they spread their seed over that sinking mass that is the great state of Florida, they all... without realizing it do it in her name... Ostara.

& Shadow Moon: That’s... Easter? Because people... believe in Easter.
    Mr. Wednesday: Believing is seeing. Gods are real if you believe in them.
    Shadow Moon: .... Gods.
    Mr. Wednesday: Uh-huh.


& Shadow Moon: That’s Jesus Christ.
    Mr. Wednesday: A Jesus Christ. Some Jesus Christ. For every belief, every branch, every denomination they see a different face when they close their eyes to pray.

& Ostara: Well, I deal in sugar, Sugar, and you’re the sweetest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

& Mr. Wednesday: Millions upon millions exchange tokens and observe the rituals of your festival, all down to the hunting of the hidden eggs, but does anybody pray in your name? Do they say it in worship? Oh, they mouth your name, hmm, but they have no idea what it means. None whatsoever. Same every spring. You do all the work, he gets all the prayers.

& Mr. Wednesday: It’s her day. You took it. You crucified her day! When they started following you, everybody else got burned. In your name. Happy fucking Easter!

& Mr. Wednesday: Oh, they will worship you. They will... worship you if you make them pray.

& Technical Boy: You’ve been avoiding me. My mistake. I used the phone. Worst thing you can do to someone is call them.

& Laura: Jesus Christ. Are they all... Jesuses? Right, of course, ’cause... Jesus is real. Hmm.

& Ostara: You all think I’m like you. I am not like you. You, I’m particularly not like.

& Laura: Did, um... did Jesus go through his own apocalypse before you brought him back to life?
    Ostara: Oh, I didn’t bring Jesus back to life, no. He was dreamed back to life on my day. A very narrow sliver in that Venn diagram.

& Laura: I was killed... by a god? Which... fucking... god?!

& Media: Never saw you look quite so pretty before. Happy Easter, Easter.

& Laura: I swear to Jesus. He’s right outside.

& Mad Sweeney: It wasn’t a perfect plan. Didn’t account for divine intervention, did you?

& Laura: The whole fucking time, the robbery, Shadow going to jail, me dying, act of god? Just fucking with us to fuck with us?
    Mad Sweeney: What do you think gods do? They do what they’ve always done: they fuck with us. They fuck with all of us. Just don’t take it personally. I don’t.

& Media: You feel you’ve been treated unfairly?
    Ostara: I feel misrepresented in the media.
    Media: Put a pillow over that feeling and bear down until it stops kicking. St. Nick took the same deal you did. The only reason why you’re relevant today is because Easter is a Christian holiday... It’s religious Darwinism. Adapt and survive. What we have achieved together, you and I, is no small feat. Now that we’re living in an atheist world.

& Media: What happens if they all decide that God doesn’t exist?
    Mr. Wednesday: What if they decide God does exist?
    Media: Whose god? They’re not all going to choose just one.
    Mr. Wednesday: Well, it doesn’t matter. Plenty of worship to go around once worship gets redistributed.
    Media: We are the distributors. The platform and the delivery mechanism. We control the story. We control the flow.
    Technical Boy: We are the flow.
    Mr. Wednesday: What you offer is existential crisis aversion. Don’t look over there, look over here. Don’t listen to that, listen to this. You provide a product, an innovative distraction and you keep innovating it and you keep providing it. The beauty of what we do is we only need to inspire.

& Mr. Wednesday: Do you know me? Do you know what I am? Do you want to know my name?
    Shadow Moon: Tell me.
    Mr. Wednesday: This is what I am called. I am called Glad-O-War, Grim, Raider, and Third. I am One-eyed. I am also called Highest, and True-Guesser. I am Grimnir, and the Hooded One. I am All-Father, Gondlir, Wand-bearer. I have as many names as there are winds. As many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn. Thought and Memory. My wolves are Freki and Geri. My horse is the gallowed. I am... Odin!

& Laura: I’d like to have a word with my husband.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий