13 июл. 2017 г.

Café Society

& Ben: If asked politely, people listen.

& Evelyn: ’It’s raining here today. Very pretty, but a little melancholy. Leonard says, its the poignancy of life, and not only do we have to embrace its meaninglessness, and celebrate life because it has no meaning. Its too deep for me, but mom always boils it down to: Live every day like its your last. And someday you will be right.

& Vonnie: And here is where Joan Crawford lives.
    Bobby: Oh! My God! It takes your breath away. Right? Look at that car! .... What is she like?
    Vonnie: Beautiful. I knew her, before she was a movie star. She was larger than life.
    Bobby: I can imagine what it would be like, to be larger than life...
    Vonnie: Sure’d be fun for a while. But I think I’d be happier life-sized.

& Narrator: As his philosophy maven brother-in-law once said: Some questions you don’t wanna know the answers to.

& Bobby: No! This is great. Well my mother cooks spaghetti and meatballs. When a Jew cooks, it’s always over cooked. They wanna be sure to kill all the germs, so... I think, I’ll prefer yours.

& Phil: I love you. I have loved you for over a year. I handled the best I could. Maybe it was handled poorly at times. But in the matters of heart, people do foolish things.

& Narrator: ...But as Bobby’s brother-in-law said: Life has it’s own agenda.

& Vonnie: What’s her name?
    Bobby: Veronica.
    Vonnie: No it’s not!
    Bobby: It is.
    Vonnie: Stop it!
    Bobby: It’s Veronica, she pronounces it differently.
    Vonnie: I’m flattered.
    Bobby: I know... life is a comedy written by a sadistic comedy writer though.


& Vonnie: What could I do? I had to choose.
    Bobby: As my brother-in-law said: Alternatives exclude.

& Bobby: Ben, Ben, I’m flabbergasted!
    Ben: You know, we didn’t have time for this bullshit, but when the ends near, you need somethin’.
    Bobby: And you don’t wanna be buried as a Jew in a Jewish cemetery?
    Ben: The Jewish religion doesn’t believe in an afterlife. ... I just have to know that all this just doesn’t end. You know what do I mean? I need to believe that a part of me keeps goin’. We all gotta soul. Right, Father?

& Rose: First a murderer, then he becomes a Christian. What did I do to deserve this? Which is worse?
    Marty: He explained it to you. The Jews don’t have an afterlife.
    Rose: We are all afraid of dying, Marty! But we don’t give up the religion we are born into!
    Marty: I’m not afraid to die.
    Rose: You’re too stupid to appreciate the implications.
    Marty: I didn’t say I like the idea. And I will resist death with everything I have. But when the Angel of Death comes down to cut me down, I’ll go. I’ll protest. I’ll curse. You hear me? I will go under protest!
    Rose: Protest to who? What the hell are you gonna do?! Write a letter to the Times?
    Marty: I will protest in silence. Because my whole life, I pray and I pray and there’s never an answer! ...
    Rose: No answer, is also an answer...

& Rose: Too bad the Jewish religion doesn’t have an afterlife. They get a lot more customers.

& Vonnie: ... And dreams are... dreams.

& Leonard: Socrates said: The unexamined life not worth living. But the examined one, is no bargain.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий