4 июл. 2017 г.

Faithful

The Handmaid's Tale 1×5


& Offred: ...he likes it when I flirt. And I like it when he lets me win. We’re a match made in heaven. It reminds me of a poem I read once...
    «You fit into me like a hook into an eye...
    a fish hook an open eye.»

& Offred: ...Now the models all look insane. Like zoo animals. Unaware they’re about to go extinct.

& Offred: «Ten ways to tell how he feels about you. Number one, he brings you small gifts.» Check.

& Luke: You look invincible.

& Offred: Ten ways to tell how he feels about you. Number two. He keeps finding ways to accidentally run into you. Number three. What was number three?

& Offred: Blessed be the fruit.
    Emily: May the Lord open.
    Offred: Ofglen—
    Emily: Ofsteven.
    Offred: Right.

& Luke: So, how would it work? I’d just... Come surprise you after work, or...
    June: No. No, never. No surprises. I need 48 hours.


& Nick: So, uh, do we pray first?
    Mrs. Waterford: No. There’s no time. Please...

& Commander Waterford: You miss this? Lists of made-up problems. No woman was ever rich enough, young enough, pretty enough, good enough.
    Offred: We had choices then...
    Commander Waterford: Now you have respect. You have protection. You can fulfill your biological destinies in peace.
    Offred: Biological destiny?
    Commander Waterford: Children. What else is there to live for?

& Commander Waterford: Love? Love isn’t real. It was... Never anything more than lust with a good marketing campaign.

& Commander Waterford: Every love story is a tragedy if you wait long enough.

& Commander Waterford: We only wanted to make the world better...
    Offred: Better?
    Commander Waterford: Better never means better for everyone. It always means worse for some.

& Offred: Are you an Eye?

& Offred: Mayday. Luke told me once where the term came from. It’s French. M’aidez. «Help me.»

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий