15 июл. 2017 г.

Johnny Guitar

& Sam: Never seen a woman who was more a man. She thinks like one, acts like one, and sometimes makes me feel like I’m not.

& Vienna: Spin the wheel, Eddie.
    Eddie: What for? There’s no customers.
    Vienna: I like to hear it spin.

& Mr. Andrews: I wish you luck, Vienna. For whatever it’s worth.
    Vienna: Thanks, Mr. Andrews, but I’m not trusting to luck. A good gunfighter doesn’t depend on four leaf clovers.

& Vienna: Down there I sell whiskey and cards. All you can buy up these stairs is a bullet in the head. Now, which do you want?

& Johnny: There’s nothin’ like a good smoke and a cuppa’ coffee. You know, some men got the craving for gold and silver. Others need lotsa’ land, with herds of cattle. And then there’s those that got the weakness for whiskey, and for women. When you boil it all down, what does a man really need? Just a smoke and a cup of coffee.

& Marshal Williams: And who are you?
    Johnny: The name, sir, is Johnny Guitar.
    Dancin’ Kid: That’s no name!
    Johnny: Anybody care to change it?

& Bart: How come you don’t go armed?
    Johnny: Because I’m not the fastest draw west of the Pecos.

& Vienna: Play something for me, Mr. Guitar.
    Johnny: Anything special?
    Vienna: Just put a lot of love in it.


& Vienna: When a fire burns itself out, all you have left is ashes.

& Johnny: How many men have you forgotten?
    Vienna: As many women as you’ve remembered.

& Marshal Williams: My men are not killers. They gotta be cold, tired and hungry before they get mad.
    Emma: How long does that take?
    Marshal Williams: You’ve got five years of mad in you. You can give them another five hours.

& Vienna: I’ll have to turn him over to the posse.
    Tom: But they’ll hang him, he’s just a boy.
    Vienna: Boys who play with guns have to be ready to die like men.

& Emma: What was your business at the bank this morning?
    Vienna: If you remember, McIvers gave me 24 hours to close. I drew out my own money, paid off my boys and I’m closed. You can’t buy a drink or turn a card. I’m sitting here in my own house, minding my own business, playing my own piano. I don’t think you can make a crime out of that.

& Johnny: How do I make sure?
    Vienna: If you’re not sure by now, telling won’t help.

& Dancin’ Kid: Well! Pleased to meet you, Mr. Logan...
    Johnny: I never shake hands with a left-handed draw.
    Dancin’ Kid: Smart fella.
    Johnny: That’s how I keep alive.

& Vienna: Sit down, Johnny. We’ve both done a lot of living. Our problem now is how to do a little more.

& Bart: Some people just won’t listen.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий