17 апр. 2016 г.

The Intern


& Ben: Freud said, «Love and work. Work and love. That’s all there is.» Well, I’m retired, and my wife is dead. As you can imagine, that’s given me some time on my hands.

& Ben: Retirement? That is an ongoing, relentless effort in creativity. ... I realized the key to this whole deal was to keep moving. Get up, get out of the house, and go somewhere. Anywhere. Come rain or shine, I’m at my Starbucks by 7:15.

& Paige: So, your Jules’ new driver?
    Ben: No, actually, I’m her intern.
    Paige: That’s hysterical.
    Matt: You know what an intern is?
    Paige: No.
    Ben: That’s okay. Everyone thinks it’s hysterical.


& Davis: What’s in all these drawers?
    Ben: Boxers, t-shirts, pocket squares, handkerchiefs.
    Davis: Okay, what’s the deal with the handkerchief? That one I just don’t get at all.
    Ben: Okay. It’s essential. That your generation doesn’t know that is criminal. The best reason to carry a handkerchief is to lend it... Women cry, Davis. We carry it for them. One of the last vestiges of the chivalrous gent.

& Jules: Boys, what can I say... I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to call you «boys.» Nobody calls men «men» anymore. Have you noticed? Women went from «girls» to «women.» Men went from «men» to «boys»? This is a problem in the big picture. Do you know what I mean?

& Jules: We all grew up during the «take your daughter to work day» thing, right? So we were always told we could be anything, do anything. And I think guys got, maybe not left behind, but not quite as nurtured, you know? I mean, like, we were the generation of «you go, girl.» We had Oprah! And I wonder sometimes how guys fit in, you know? They still seem to be trying to figure it out. They’re still dressing like little boys. They’re still playing video games.

& Jules: How, in one generation, have men gone from guys like... Jack Nicholson and Harrison Ford to... Take Ben, here. A dying breed. You know? Look and learn, boys, because if you ask me, this is what cool is.

& Jules: How is it that you always manage to say the right thing... Do the right thing, be the right thing?.. It’s uncanny.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий