2 апр. 2016 г.

Mistress America

& Tracy: Times Square is so crazy!
    Brooke: Isn’t it?
    Tracy: I don’t know anyone who lives here.
    Brooke: Yours truly. I got off the bus from Jersey, I thought this was the cool place to live. It’s motherfucking Times Square!

& Brooke: Why do you live in New York?
    Tracy: College. I go to Barnard. It’s all women uptown. Well, «historically» and kind of actually. But there are boys in my classes and stuff. From Columbia.

& Brooke: Can you start the coffee, please?
    Tracy: Oh, I don’t know how.
    Brooke: Yes, you do. Don’t be incompetent! If you spent two seconds with a coffee maker, you’d figure it out.

& Tracy: It’s so weird to think that every restaurant I see is the result... of a person going, «I think I want to start a restaurant...»
    Brooke: No, that’s not weird. That’s everything.


& Tracy: She did everything and nothing... and spent time like I always mean to: purposefully. She sang with the band and knew everyone and didn’t owe anyone anything. And couldn’t pay up, even if she did. Her beauty was that rare kind... that made you want to look more like yourself and not like her. Being around Meadow was like being in New York City. It made you want to find life, not hide from it.

& Tracy: I know what it is to want things...
    Brooke: No, you don’t. You can’t really know what it is to want things until you’re at least 30. And then, with each passing year, it gets bigger... because the want is more and the possibility is less. Like how each passing year of your life seems faster... because it’s a smaller portion of your total life. Like that. But in reverse. Everything becomes pure want.

& Tracy: Do you ever get that feeling when you’re on a car trip... that you never want to get where you’re going?

& Dylan: Let’s face it. Having a restaurant, it’s like having a kid with a drug problem. It’s just... It’s really draining.

& Tracy: It will be hard for me not to look at New York and think of you somewhere in it.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий