20 апр. 2016 г.

A Walk in the Woods

& Bill Bryson: No, writers don’t retire. We either drink ourselves to death or blow our brains out.
    TV Host: And which will it be for you?
    Bill Bryson: After this interview, maybe both.

& Becca: I saw, too.
    Bryson: Oh, yeah? How’d I look?
    Becca: Do you want my honest answer?
    Bryson: Never mind.

& Catherine: Two thousand miles.
    Bryson: 2118, actually.
    Catherine: No. You can’t.

& Sam: Dad, hiking is not walking. Two thousand people a year try to do this. Less than 10% make it.
    Bryson: You ought to see the statistics on how many people finish writing a book.

& Catherine: Have you actually thought this through at all?
    Bryson: Of course not.

& Bryson: Hey, hang on. I’d like to say a few words if you don’t mind.
    Stephen Katz: All right.
    Bryson: I don’t want to reach for metaphors, but...
    Katz: No, reach, Bryson, reach.
    Bryson: Well, they say the Appalachian Trail is like life.
    Katz: Uh-huh.
    Bryson: You don’t know what’s ahead, you don’t know what’s going to happen next, but you give it your best shot. Your best... So, on that note...
    Katz: We go?
    Bryson: We go.


& Katz: Okay, complete the following sentence. What goes up must come... down. What the hell happened to down? It can’t be uphill all the way to Maine.

& Mary Ellen: ...And so I just walk alone, because everybody I know is boring. I’m the only person I know who doesn’t bore myself to death. Also, if I walked with someone else, I’d have to watch them make, you know, mistake after mistake after mistake, and I’d go crazy, and then I’d not be sane on the trail, you know? I was like, «Mary Ellen, who’s the only person you know who doesn’t mess up?» and it’s like, me.

& Katz: I don’t know if you’re aware of this, Bryson, but every time I hear the word «bunkhouse» my testicles shrink up inside my body.

& Katz: Bryson, you’ve got everything a man could want. And here you are, tramping around in the woods with me. Seriously, what gives?
    Bryson: I don’t know. As John Muir once said, «Sometimes a man just has to get a loaf of bread and throw it into a sack, and jump over the back fence.»

& Katz: How do you know all this stuff?
    Bryson: Well, there are these things called books.
    Katz: Oh. No kidding, they’re called books?
    Bryson: Yeah, they’re like TV for smart people.

& Katz: Her name is Beulah. ... And she’s got a beautiful body. Buried under two hundred pounds of fat.

& Bryson: What was that?
    Katz: How the hell should I know?
    Bryson: It sounded big.
    Katz: Everything sounds big in the woods, Bryson.

& Katz: Thirty days in jail. I was afraid of 30 days. Compared to this, I mean, it’s like a goddamned trip to the spa.

& Bryson: Alpha Centauri’s the closest. That’s four and a half light years away.
    Katz: Four and a half? That’s not bad.
    Bryson: Each light year is six trillion miles, so that’s... twenty six trillion miles.
    Katz: Twenty-six trillion. That’s the closest?
    Bryson: Yep. And there’s one hundred billion stars in our galaxy. There’s more galaxies in the universe than there are grains of sand on earth.
    Katz: That is big.
    Bryson: And we are small...

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Wild (2014)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий