6 апр. 2016 г.

Say Anything...


& Corey: You never had a first date.
    Lloyd: Yes, I did. I sat across from her at a mall. We ate together. That’s eating. Sharing an important physical event.
    Corey: That’s not even a scam.
    Lloyd: What’s a scam?
    Corey: Going out as friends.
    D.C.: No, it’s not. Scam is lusting.
    Lloyd: Then... what’s—
    Corey: ...a date?
    D.C.: A date is prearrangement, with a possibility for love.
    Corey: Then what’s love?

& Lloyd: I’m gonna call her.
    Corey: Diane Court doesn’t go out with guys like you. She’s a brain.
    D.C.: Trapped in the body of a game-show hostess.
    Corey: Diane Court does not realize how good looking she is.
    Lloyd: This sounds great to me. I’m gonna call her. That’s what’s cool about her.
    Corey: Brains stay with brains. The bomb could go off, and their mutant genes would form the same cliques.

& Lloyd: Okay so it’s Lloyd and let’s go out.

& Mr. Court: Yeah, Lloyd. What are your plans for the future?
    Lloyd: Spend as much time as possible with Diane before she leaves.
    Mr. Court: Seriously, Lloyd.
    Lloyd: I’m totally and completely serious.


& Mr. Court: No, really.
    Lloyd: You mean, like, career? I don’t know. If... I’ve thought about this quite a bit, sir. I would have to say, considering what’s waiting out there for me, I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or... process anything sold, bought... or processed, or repair anything sold, bought or processed. You know, as a career, I don’t want to do that. So my father’s in the army. He wants me to join, but I can’t work for that corporation. So what I’ve been doing lately is kickboxing....

& Lloyd: I used to work at a Smorgasbord, and, you know, the old people would flock there, and they loved to eat. They’d just jam their mouths, you know? They just would eat with their mouths open. To be honest, it’s just too much for me. I mean, you... you get to be thinking about how short life is... and how maybe... maybe everything has no meaning. Because you wake up, and then you’re frying burgers, and then you’re, like, 60 and 70, and then, you know, you check out. And what are you doing? I just don’t need to think about those kinds of things. So that... that’s the reason I was... But I’m not sure I’m right about any of that.
    Diane: I think that’s ageism! That’s being prejudiced against people because they’re old. Maybe their mouths don’t work as well as yours.
    Lloyd: Really?

& Diane: I just can’t have any social life right now.
    Lloyd: Don’t worry about it. We’re just having coffee. We’ll be antisocial.
    Diane: Be friends?
    Lloyd: Yeah, with potential... Friends with potential.

& Lloyd: I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.

& Corey: Why do you have to be like this?
    Lloyd: Because I’m a guy. I have pride.
    Corey: You’re not a guy.
    Lloyd: I am.
    Corey: No. No, the world is full of guys. Be a man. Don’t be a guy.

& Diane: I love you. How many more times do I have to say it?
    Lloyd: One more time would be nice.

& Lloyd: It’s gotta get better. It does. It does if it’s the version signed «I still can’t help loving you.» It gets better.
    Mr. Court: .... Just her name.
    Lloyd: Just knowing a version like that exists— that for a minute she felt that and wrote, «I still can’t help loving you.» That’s gotta be a good thing, right? Gotta be a good thing.

& Diane: Nobody really thinks it will work, do they?
    Lloyd: No. You just described every great success story.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий