6 апр. 2016 г.

The Book of Life

Transparent 2×7


& Tammy: So why... why now? No text, no appointment...
    Sarah: Oh, God, I’m sorry.
    Tammy: No email...
    Sarah: It’s Yom Kippur today.
    Tammy: Oh, it’s Yom Kippur today.
    Sarah: Yeah. So I have to come today.
    Tammy: Oh.
    Sarah: You go... It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.
    Tammy: Trick-or-treating.
    Sarah: People that you hurt, you think about. Think about your wrongs and apologize, and then ask for forgiveness. You know, then you get forgiveness, and then you sort of absolve yourself.
    Tammy: Cool.
    Sarah: Or you get absolved.
    Tammy: Thank you, Sarah, but I don’t want your apology. Happy Yom Kippur.


& Feldman: How are your parents?
    Josh: Oh, the usual. You know. Mom’s good. Dad’s a woman.

& Ali: So my understanding of Yom Kippur is about this epic Yellow Pages that is called the Book of Life. That is, God... He, She, whatever great energy... writes and seals... ... To get your name in the Book of Life, you make apologies. And once it’s in there and sealed, that means that you get to live another year. So I would like to say that I’m sorry... for anything I may have done to any of you this past year that caused you any pain.
    Maura: That’s beautiful.
    Shelly: All apologies are accepted.
    Ali: To a great new year.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий