24 янв. 2016 г.

Youth

& Fred Ballinger: I find monarchies so endearing.
    Queen’s Emissary: If I may, Maestro... Why exactly do you find the monarchy endearing?
    Fred: Well, because it’s so vulnerable. You eliminate one person... And all of a sudden... the whole world changes. Like in a marriage.

& Masseur: After pain come pleasure.
    Fred: And then... pain again.

& Fred: I was watching Lena while she was asleep. And I was thinking about all the thousands of little things... That I done for her as her father. And I done them deliberately so that she would remember them... When she grows up. But in time... she won’t remember a single thing. Tremendous effort, Mick, you know. Tremendous efforts. With a modest result.

& Lena: And what does she do?
    Fred: The most obscene job in the world.
    Lena: She is a prostitute?
    Fred: Worse. She is a pop star.

& Fred: This morning I did this big, powerful piss. I was so happy! I haven’t been so happy in a long time.
    Mick: Good. I am happy for you.
    Fred: No, it’s only a joke, Mick.

& Fred: You are always fall for my jokes, Mick. You’ve been believing my every word for sixty years.
Mick: I i    nvent stories, Fred. I have to believe in everything in order to make things up.


& Fred: ...my childhood. I do not remember a thing about it. There is only one thing I still remember... The precise moment when I learned how to ride a bike. And this morning... As if by magic... I remembered the moment right after...
    Mick: When you fell off?
    Fred: How the fuck did you know?
    Mick: Well, that happens to everybody. You learn something, you’re happy and then... you forget to brake.

& Fred: You were right... Music is all I understand. Did you know why? Because you don’t need words, only experience to understand it. It just is.

& Masseuse: Who knows why people are so afraid of touching?
    Fred: Maybe it’s because they think it has something to do with pleasure.
    Masseuse: That’s just another good reason for touching instead of talking.
    Fred: Don’t you like to talk?
    Masseuse: I never have anything to say.

& Mick: Do you see that mountain over there?
    Girl Screenwriter: Yes. It looks very close.
    Mick: Exactly. This is what you see when you’re young. Everything seems really close. And that’s the future. And now... That’s what you see when you’re old. Everything seems really far away. That’s the past.

& Jimmy: Tell me about Stravinsky.
    Fred: He once said that «Intellectuals have no taste.» From that moment on I did everything I could... not to become an intellectual. And I succeeded.

& Lena: Gosh, you guys have got a strange friendship.
    Mick: Strange? No, it’s not strange. It’s a good friendship. And in a good friendships you only tell each other the good things.

& Brenda Morel: Oh, come on, Mick... Life goes on! Even without all that cinema bullshit!

& Mick: Let’s be rational here. Let’s not over-read things. Most of the men done not only without the Testament... But without anyone even noticing.
    Screenwriter: Many men are not great artists like you.
    Mick: It doesn’t make any difference! Men, artists, animals, plants... We all just extras.

& Mick: You say that emotions are overrated. But that’s bullshit. Emotions are all what we’ve got.

& Fred: I’ve grown old without understanding how I got here.
    Doctor: Do you know what awaits you outside of here?
    Fred: No. What?
    Doctor: Youth.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий