2 янв. 2016 г.

Do You Remember Moon Flower?

The Knick 2×9


& Dr. Edwards: You need to be examined.
    Dr. Thackery: You mean opened up? Like hell.

& Dr. Zinberg: Have a look, doctors.
    Bertie: .... My Lord!
    Dr. Thackery: You do realize the patient is conscious, don’t you, Bertie?
    Bertie: I was marveling at the technology.

& Dr. Gallinger: I plead guilty, Dr. Phelps. Guilty to believing what I believe in doing what I have done. ... And I stand by it. Cripples, imbeciles, criminals, defectives... I spare the world from their line in order to benefit the greater good.

& Dr. Gallinger: What Edwards and other people of his kind cannot accept is there is great validity in the eugenics movement. States such as California and Indiana are already seeing the benefits of a purified society and are considering writing it into their legislation. This movement is growing faster than any other in modern medicine. But men like Edwards likely also buried their heads when other revolutions arose like germ theory, vaccinations, things that proved over time to be miracles.

& Dr. Phelps: Eugenics is, in my opinion, a very legitimate and necessary study. So much so I’ve added it to the curriculum at my own Columbia Medical College. You broke into his office and you accused him of doing something to which he apparently had every right.


& Dr. Gallinger: You realize you’re just proving my entire thesis? I just made a logical and scientific argument... and respected, learned men agreed with me because whether you like it or not, this field of study is legitimate and it’s not going away. It is fact. Of course, instead of being a man of science, you raise your fists like an animal, the animal we are proving your people to be. In the face of intellectual reason, you can’t help but resort to violence. Well, I won’t. ’Cause the fight is already... Now you just proved it again, stupid nigger.

& Cleary: There’s only one way to go here, fellas, and it’s right here in my hand. Don’t slip it in till you slip it on. It’s a dime a fuck. 10 in a pack. Only cost you a buck for 10 rolls in the sack. Get your money. What are you doing?
    Harriet: I’m out.
    Cleary: I barely finished my tout.
    Harriet: I didn’t have to say a word.

& Lucy: This world offers too much. And contrary to what you think, I’m too smart to let myself turn out that way. And if that means sinning to get what I want... well, then, so be it.

& Lucy: Eternal damnation is the fate of Pastor Elkins. But before you go to the flames... I think it’s only fair to confess the rest of my sins to you. ....

& Lucy: I just wanted you to know everything before you went... Bye, Daddy. Enjoy your trip.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий