12 янв. 2016 г.

The Walk

& Philippe: Why? That is the question people ask me most.
    Why? For what? Why do you walk on the wire? Why do you tempt fate? Why do you risk death?
    But I don’t think of it this way. I never even say this word death. Okay, I said it once, or maybe 3 times just now, but watch. I will not say it again.     Instead I use the opposite word. Life.
    For me, to walk on the wire is life. Life.

& Philippe: I don’t believe in getting a permit.

& Philippe: No matter where I was going or what I was doing, I was always searching, looking for the perfect place to hang my wire.

& Papa Rudy: You need to learn how to ’complement’. A ’complement’ is a silent message, an order to the audience to pay attention, and after the performance a ’complement’ is also an offering of gratitude. ... No, Philippe. That was terrible. You’re doing too much. Do nothing. Now try again.

& Philippe: To be the most glorious highwire walker in history.
    Annie: And how high must the cable be to reach such glory?
    Philippe: Over 100 stories high.


& Philippe: Now I think I know the void. I’m a wirewalker. The void is my domain. Yes. Well not this void. But still I gather the courage to whisper. I whispered so the demons won’t hear me... Its impossible. But I’ll do it.

& Barry: Well it’s certainly illegal, that’s for sure. And extremely subversive, not to mention dangerous. This is something only a twisted, antisocial, anarchistic, pissed-off malcontent would have anything to do with... You have your inside man!

& Philippe: The carrots are cooked! It’s now or never, my friend.

& Albert: Cooked carrots? What’s that about?
    Jean-Pierre: French. Culinary metaphor. It’s a country with 365 different types of cheese, one for each day of the year, so of course they use a vegetable metaphor. The carrots are cooked.

& Philippe: My name is Philippe Petit. I’m a wirewalker.

& Philippe: ...And you know, this pass I was given... these passes have a date on them. A date when it expires. But on my pass, Mr Tozzoli crossed out the date, And he wrote on it: Forever.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий