3 янв. 2016 г.

Our Man in Damascus

Homeland 5×11


& Allison: Who are you, please?
    Erna Richter: Erna Richter.
    Allison: Of?
    Erna Richter: The German Foreign Office. By way of Moscow Center, Second Directorate.

& Allison: The Kremlin can’t seriously want this attack to go forward.
    Erna Richter: They do. And you will see to it that it does.
    Allison: It’s obscene.
    Erna Richter: Civilization is facing an existential threat. The West needs a wake-up call.
    Allison: I agree, but not like this.
    Erna Richter: Radical Islam must be eradicated, root and branch. My premier understands this. Bashar al-Assad understands. Only your president does not.

& Carrie: It’s really important you wake up... Listen to my voice. Follow it to the surface. I’m here, waiting for you.

& Al-Amin: If I did know them, I would tell them they were idiots.
    Carrie: Why’s that?
    Al-Amin: America’s on the run, Israel isolated; now’s not the time to be rallying the world against Muslims.


& Carrie: You’re fighting the Islamic State in Syria; why not here?
    Al-Amin: Strange times for Hezbollah, I admit.
    Carrie: You are soldiers involved in a political struggle. These are zealots prophesizing the arrival of the Mahdi and a countdown to the Apocalypse.
    Al-Amin: Like I said, idiots. Scum.

& Saul: Let’s try it my way, then. Give him his clothes back, put him in a nice office, nice cup of tea.
    Astrid: Tea?!
    Saul: Make it spearmint— he’s Moroccan. Plenty of sugar.

& Saul: It will become a strictly German matter. You know better than anybody what that means.

& Qasim: It’s just... this country seems to have taken you in, treated you well.
    Dr. Aziz: This benevolent country you talk about, Germany, it supports the State of Israel unequivocally. So when Israel bombed the living shit out of Lebanon in 2006, what did the good Germans do, huh? They sent troops, not to help my people who had been cut to ribbons by the cluster bombs, but to defend gallant little Israel against a possible counterattack. That is why I do what I do.
    Qasim: And the caliphate?
    Dr. Aziz: What about it?
    Qasim: Every Muslim must rush to make his religion victorious. The winds of faith have come.
    Dr. Aziz: Ha. I’m an atheist.

& Dr. Hussein: For a man who wanted to end his life, I’ve rarely seen someone fight so hard to stay alive.
    Carrie: Yeah, that sounds like him.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Poor Saul. He just need to go. He’s time is out.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий