26 дек. 2015 г.

The Castle

Fargo 2×9


& Narrator: And so, we come to perhaps the bloodiest chapter in the long and violent history of the Midwest region. And here, I’m speaking of Luverne, Minnesota, 1979... commonly referred to by laypeople as the Massacre at Sioux Falls.
        Readers will know that I’ve chosen to file this case as a Minnesota crime, even though most of the murders took place in North and then South Dakota. But I believe the key to understanding this complex and nuanced crime is to look at the butcher and small-town beautician at its center. Ed and Peggy Blumsquist were just 29 years old on the night their lives changed forever...


& Lou: Can we just... While we’re skippin’ down memory lane here, it’s worth notin’ that the Gerhardt Indian is out there free... probably callin’ for reinforcements. So if I were us...
    Peggy: I-I stabbed him.
    Lou: ...I’d get them out of here.
    Captain Cheney: Or cover ’em in bacon and leave ’em for the dogs.
    Peggy: I stabbed him... the Indian. He wanted a haircut, and I stabbed him with the scissors. In the back.
    Hank: Boy, she makes us look like the gang that can’t shoot straight, doesn’t she? Our beautician.

& Lou: ... No.
    Cheney: Son, I’m lookin’ around, and you’re outranked here nine ways to Sunday.

& Lou: This thing’s officially out of control.

& Cheney: You two are in the shit just about past your eyes...
    Ed: Yeah?


& Cheney: Army?
    Hank: Yes, sir. Liberated France in the great war. Not single-handedly, but I like to think they couldn’t have done it without me.
    Cheney: Well, then, you know it’s the generals that do the thinkin’ and everybody else just says, «How high?»
    Hank: I’m not gonna debate the merits of top-down decision makin’ with ya, Captain. ’Cept to say I had a lieutenant in the war, and h-he told Eisenhower to go to hell once, on account of his orders woulda got us all killed. And I send that man a card every Christmas... ’cause I can.

& Hanzee: Just can’t vouch for your safety, is all.
    Floyd: Three times, I sent men to do a job. Three times, they come back unfinished. I’ll handle this myself.
    Hanzee: Yes, ma’am. We’ll lay waste to ’em in the Devil’s hours.

& Peggy: It’s «Ben,» isn’t it?
    Schmidt: «...jamin.» Benjamin.
    Peggy: And... you’re from... Sorry?
    Schmidt: Fargo, North Dakota.

& Dispatcher: I mean, when’s all this madness gonna end?
    Lou: I surely don’t know.

& Cheney: Move quickly and with authority, troopers. That’s lesson one.
    Chief Gibson: Ice machine’s busted.
    Cheney: What?
    Gibson: I’m just sayin’. I mean, it’s your show... you made that clear... which means I’m here to observe, and what I’m observin’ is... ice machine’s crapped out.

& Floyd: I miss them all...
    Bear: We’ll be together again. On high.

& Gibson: Best piss I ever took was in a kitchen sink. .... It’s liberatin’, I think... pissin’ someplace where you’re not supposed ta.

& Ed: Are... are... are you seein’ this?
    Peggy: It’s just a flyin’ saucer, Ed. We gotta go.

& Milligan: Okay, then.

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtracks!

Σ BRI-L-LI-A-NT! 12 out of 10.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий