9 дек. 2015 г.

She's Funny That Way

& Arnold: Of course, there are a lot of pretty girls everywhere. That’s one of the nice things about the world.

& Judy: So the rumors are true? You really did work as a...
    Isabella: A muse?
    Judy: A what?
    Isabella: A muse.
    Judy: That’s a real job?
    Isabella: Yeah. It was for me. My clients were mostly poor souls. Completely empty of magic. So it was my job to breathe life back into them. Look! You make a person feel special. You treat them like they’re the most important thing in the world. And for an hour... They are.

& Arnold: Maybe there’s a better way to earn a living...
    Isabella: Well, you know, you date guys... What do they want? They want you in the sack. So this way, guys I meet, that’s all they want, too, but at least they’re gonna pay for it. You know, you meet a guy and they expect it for nothing. So this way I figure I’m ahead of the game.

& Arnold: Nobody can tell you where your place is. Where’s my place? Where’s anybody’s place. You want to know where it is? Wherever you’re happy. That’s where your place is. And you’re the best judge of that.

& Arnold: In Central Park, for instance, some people like to feed nuts to the squirrels. But if it makes someone happy to feed squirrels to the nuts, who am I to say nuts to the squirrels?


& Isabella: The problem is that when you inspire people they want to keep getting inspired, over and over again. Sometimes for hours. It’s like a drug. Highly addictive.

& Arnold: Jesus, that’s the fastest elevator I’ve ever seen!

& Isabella: I hate... I hate being alone. But when I am, I look into the mirror and I tell myself something that Audrey Hepburn once said... «I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. Kissing a lot. I believe in being strong even when everything around you seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. And I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles!» I believe in miracles. You know, that... That works every single time.

& Judy: Well, it sounds like you’ve found your place... Wherever you are, that’s your happy place. Squirrels to the nuts, and all of that.
    Quentin Tarantino: You’re quoting Cluny Brown now?
    Judy: Oh. What?
    Quentin Tarantino: That «Squirrels To The Nuts» line, it’s from Lubitsch’s Cluny Brown. Hey, darling... It’s what Charles Boyer says to Jennifer Jones just before they fall in love.
    Judy: You mean to tell me after all that, it’s not even original?
    Isabella: What’s original?

& Adam Belinski: Try to be more specific, what made you think that you were out of place?
    Cluny Brown: I didn’t think I was. It’s Uncle Arn. He’s always telling me, «Cluny Brown, you don’t know your place.»
    Adam Belinski: Nobody can tell you where your place is. Where is my place? Where is anybody’s place? I’ll tell you where it is. Wherever you’re happy, that’s your place. And happiness is a matter of purely personal adjustment to your environment. In Hyde Park, for instance. Some people like to feed nuts to the squirrels. But if it makes you happy to feed Squirrels To The Nuts, who am I to say nuts to the squirrels?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий