24 дек. 2015 г.

Not Well at All

The Knick 2×8


& Ping Wu: May I give you a piece of advice? Take to heart the words of the wise man who said... «Who, being loved, is poor?»
    Barrow: Confucius?
    Ping Wu: Oscar Wilde.

& Cleary: Make yourself useful so I can maintain myself here.
    Harriet: Useful how?
    Cleary: I don’t know. Sing me a song. Help put me in the proper mood. But nothing about God or saints or fucking baby Jesus.

& Abby: What is it made of?
    Dr. Thackery: It’s celluloid. It’s the material they use to make motion film. It’s strong. It’s malleable. I’ll use it to give support when I trim the excess flesh.

& — Please tell him the Kenney Vacuum Sweeping System has been installed as per his instructions.
    Effie Barrow: Vacuum Sweeping System?
    — It’s the newest thing. It allows you to vacuum carpets in any room in your house using a portable tube connected to a machine housed in the basement.


& Cleary: You’ve no more debt to pay. God set you free, didn’t He? At least His men did. Besides, you didn’t take a vow of misery. There’s no harm in a few smiles now and then. In 10 years or so, chances are we’ll be in the ground and I’d hate to think you spent the last of it slaving over a kitchen sink cleaning out sheep guts for other people’s good times. Let’s go.

& Cleary: Holy shit! He just walked up and ate the whole camera. I swear, ate the whole thing. Look.
    Harriet: How’d he do that?
    Cleary: Maybe it was a really small camera.
    Harriet: ... He just ate the cameraman, too!
    Cleary: This don’t make no sense.
    Harriet: Let’s watch it again.
    Cleary: All right, hold on.

& Mr. Dominczyk: I don’t understand why I cannot look at your girl. If I had a girl, I would let you look at her.
    Dr. Thackery: As I explained to you, the important things are her words and the sound of her voice. Looking at a beautiful woman would simply distract you and lessen the effect.
    Abby: Mr. Dominczyk... I’m unsure how to begin. Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?

& Abby: ...But do you remember the first time you took a drink?

& Barrow: All right, then. To surprises. What are we supposed to do now? Smash our glasses in the fireplace like Russians?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий