25 нояб. 2015 г.

You're No Rose

The Knick 2×2


& Dr. Thackery: I’m here because I’m well again. I haven’t taken any cocaine for some time and the heroin drug that they treated me with is completely gone from my system.

& Henry: The donors want to see you performing magic in the surgical theater, not you hunched over some microscope.
    Habershorn: That’s a waste of your time at that. I don’t see how excessive use of narcotics is worthy of scientific study.
    Dr. Thackery: Because it needs to be cured and it should be treated like any other disease.
    Habershorn: Addiction a disease? I’ve never heard of anything so absurd. Addiction is a failure of personal morality.
    Dr. Thackery: I’d like to test that theory. I’d happily inject you with cocaine and heroin for a week and see if your morals and character is still intact.

& Dr. Mays: What are those?
    Lucy: So she can put her legs up.
    Dr. Mays: Oh, ridiculous. She can just rest them over my shoulders.
    Lucy: I’ll get some swabs for you.
    Dr. Mays: That’s not necessary.
    Lucy: Then how will you culture them?
    Dr. Mays: A good nose and a pair of eyes are all a doctor needs to know what he’s dealing with. Now, let’s get that coat off, shall we?

& Dr. Thackery: If you can see beyond it... Don’t get confused by some puritanical notion of womanhood. You know, virginity is a man’s idea meant to shame. Regardless of what she’s done with me, she’s no less pure than she was the day she got here.

& Barrow: How do I make this plain enough for you? You bring us the most expensive wood, and then you get to bill us for more.
    Mr. Karwoski: Ah. Yes. Because this hospital will be here long time.
    Barrow: Ah, no. Because I only get the one chance to skim off the building of it.
    Mr. Karwoski: So I am still giving you back 20%?
    Barrow: Yes, yes, but you profit more in the end. And so do I. You see? ..... Oh, Polacks.


& Cleary: Full steam ahead.... Cold must have killed the battery.

& Cornelia: I had a medical question. Is it possible to detect alcohol in the body of a person, specifically a dead one?

& Phillip: People in California are Americans just like us, but may as well be on the moon for all they care about what’s going on in New York.
    Cornelia: It’s true. No one there has even heard of the Schermerhorns or the Robertsons or the Showalters.
    Mrs. Showalter: Then how does anyone know who’s important?
    Cornelia: It’s usually the man with the biggest gun.
    Mrs. Robertson: Sounds awful. No way to know if someone’s a person of quality. Who’d want to live in a place like that?

& Dr. Edwards: Did you read the article in the paper last week about the cyclist, Major Taylor?.. The man goes over to Europe and is treated like the King of England. Stays in the best hotels. Breaks every possible record. He returns home, makes no difference. He’s just a nigger on a bike.

& Cornelia: What’s so funny?
    Cleary: Over the years I committed a petty crime here or there. It’s how a man survives in the city. But the two who drag me into serious malfeasance are a society lady and a fucking nun.

& A. D. Elkins: New York. Sure is a busy place. Can’t go a step without winding up shoulder to shoulder with white folks, Negro, Christian, Hebrew, Italian, Greek, Siamese, Japanese, and everything in between. All the corners of the Earth thrown together with strange tongues from Babel. Strange clothes. Even stranger beliefs. Why, just today I met a man called himself a Sikh. Carried a sword on his hip longer than a cavalryman’s. I don’t know what he was seeking, but when he finds it, he’s gonna have a whopper of a weapon to handle it.

& Dr. Thackery: You inject both at the same time?
    Cate: Mm-hmm. The cocaine takes the bottom off the heroin and the heroin takes the top off the cocaine. Now they dance beautifully together.
    Dr. Thackery: Until the cocaine wears off.
    Cate: That’s when you find out if you got the amounts wrong.
    Dr. Thackery: And if you do, it’ll kill you.
    Cate: But get it right...

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий